Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Lower Balljoints

Jambo99

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine from Lexus Woodford, but I have recently found this on eBay - it's Lexus Birmingham (sort of) but cheaper.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/lexusbirm/m.html?item=181669635499&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Have a look for the ball joints - he doesn't do everything but worth a look.

I've also had good service from these guys who do a wide range of suspension parts:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/japeurocarparts?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

• Like 1

Hi rincewind, me too, ok, I ran my X plate is200 in for it MOT to find it failed on both bottom ball joints.

ok i thought, local maotor factors might have them - they did at £88 plus

just before christmas I never needed this so good old eBay was sought and found replacement parts somewhere in the midlands for £35....but deperation required a £5 / 24hour courier to my door in coastal north essex in under the 24hours-good job too.

that was the easy part.

took 3 hours yesterday to undo the taper for the track rod end as i did`nt want to damage a servicable componant.

the bottom ball joint itself came done quite easy IF you know what your doing, which I do as I`ve worked on cars, mine and others for 50 long years..lol

the ball joints on my 71000 miler have never been apart fron new build, so, if my non original last only half that time, i will be happy or (deceased)....lol

trust me, changing these ball joints IS a real pain in the rear end, and to be honest, the MOT garage offered to do it for between £35 and £50 quid, I think I should have let them do it, BUT, I`m 68 years old, stuborn, and dont like being defeated.

so, one side done, and I`m sitting here when I should be out there under my lexus doing the other side now.

its all your choice my friend eh.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL HAPPY LEXUS OWNERS -

Ian....

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

Happy Xmas to you too sir. I too used to do a lot of work on cars, but don't really have the facilities any more. I got my old trolley jack out last year after a long period of non use (my IS200 doesn't really go wrong:-)), and all the seals had gone so it went to the dump. I'm 57 and also stubborn but I think I'll give it to a local indy to do the cam belt and also it needs ARB bushes, so I'll also get the drop links done at the same time as they have to come off to do the bushes. The IS is now on 123k and feels fantastic. No intention of changing it for a while yet. I still love the sound system, iPod connection and 6000 tracks at my fingertips.

It sounds like you live in a nice part of Essex - whereabouts on the coast are you? I'm just outside Epping.

Be well,

Paul