Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anybody Selling An Ls400

It's nearly as cheap as this privately entered LS400 on auto trader.

Although, if you enter the phone number 07555920534 in to google, you might doubt the private bit, especially if you also see the same car on ebay.

It's about time there was a hard and fast rule about who is and isn't a trader.

Incidentally, have you ever seen such a knackered steering wheel on an LS?

Edited to remove the links, as they didn't work, for some reason, just look on autotrader for a £1000 LS400 with the phone number above, if you're interested.

"Hard & Fast Rule" They do on Autotrader, if you advertise more than 6 (I think) cars in a year they do it automatically that you are a trader. Don't know why eBay cant do the same. Mike.

yep gumtree has a similar rule in place

Just looking at the same car on gumtree, got there putting 07555920534 in google.

Where does it say whether trade or private?

Not saying it doesn't, just that I can't see it.

thats being sold by lexuschap Trade

Yes, I realise that, but where does it actually say it's a trade ad?

The point i was making about gumtree is if you list a certain number of cars for sale in a year then you have to start paying

Ah right.

Although, if you enter the phone number 07555920534 in to google, you might doubt the private bit, especially if you also see the same car on ebay.

Edited to remove the links, as they didn't work, for some reason, just look on autotrader for a £1000 LS400 with the phone number above, if you're interested.

"Hard & Fast Rule" They do on Autotrader, if you advertise more than 6 (I think) cars in a year they do it automatically that you are a trader. Don't know why eBay cant do the same. Mike.

Just looking at the same car on gumtree, got there putting 07555920534 in google.

Couldn't see that, don't for get Gumtree belongs to eBay so I doubt they are really bothered. Mike

Does it really, I didn't know that.

I'm sure you're correct about them not being bothered, nobody seems to be these days, it's all about the money.

• Like 1

Couldn't see that, don't for get Gumtree belongs to eBay so I doubt they are really bothered. Mike

I'm sure you're correct about them not being bothered, nobody seems to be these days, it's all about the money.

Isn't it a sad indictment on our society? Mike.

Isn't it a sad indictment on our society? Mike.

It is indeed, but look at the example set by our grasping politicians, and what can we expect?

I really don't get Baz!!! Looks like he's sold the LS400. The reason he gave for selling is because his wife didn't like it and she wanted another LS430. Guess what he's replacing it with?? That's right, another LS400!!! This time in Lincolnshire

I really don't get Baz!!! Looks like he's sold the LS400. The reason he gave for selling is because his wife didn't like it and she wanted another LS430. Guess what he's replacing it with?? That's right, another LS400!!! This time in Lincolnshire

You have to stop believing all these stories that all these great blokes tell you. All they are really after is that money in your bank account and they will say anything that helps them get it. Mike.

• Like 1

I'm starting to believe you Mike, he's always saying things like my wife doesn't like this Ls or that Ls and then goes and buys another. I wouldn't be suprised that in a couple of weeks he advertises the ls400 he's just bought and says something like I miss the ls430 or I'm looking for a different colour ls400 or ls430

• Like 2

You have to stop believing all these stories that all these great blokes tell you. All they are really after is that money in your bank account and they will say anything that helps them get it. Mike.
I bought my LS430 off him and I think I've got a good one, yes it has a few minor niggles which I've mentioned on this site which I am in the process of sorting out but it is definitely more credit to its first owner rather than Baz, the first owner was a doctor who bought it new in 2002 until Feb this year, he is the one who has had it serviced more than 20 times at the same Lexus dealer he bought it from and maintained it regardless of expense, it shows too!! It's done more than 200k miles and drives as good as new.

He's had more than enough LS400s and LS430s (he has pictures of them all on Facebook) for both him and his wife to know what they are like so I don't buy the "my wife doesn't like it" story at all. It seems he bought it then probably found out about its past so then couldn't get it on eBay quick enough using his wife as the excuse but has then been rumbled so he's had to come clean about the cat c write off status. It's the fact he's getting another LS400 that made me think because if his wife didn't like the one he's just sold then she certainly won't like this one either!!! I always try and give people the benefit of the doubt but I'm not sure about this one now...

BTW this is the new one he's getting...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Lexus-LS400-4-0-V8-/161912160817?hash=item25b2b78231:g:ywwAAOSwbdpWZx3L

It doesn't look like he's actually bought it yet because as you can see it's still for sale.

I bought my LS430 off him and I think I've got a good one, yes it has a few minor niggles which I've mentioned on this site which I am in the process of sorting out but it is definitely more credit to its first owner rather than Baz, the first owner was a doctor who bought it new in 2002 until Feb this year, he is the one who has had it serviced more than 20 times at the same Lexus dealer he bought it from and maintained it regardless of expense, it shows too!! It's done more than 200k miles and drives as good as new.

He's had more than enough LS400s and LS430s (he has pictures of them all on Facebook) for both him and his wife to know what they are like so I don't buy the "my wife doesn't like it" story at all. It seems he bought it then probably found out about its past so then couldn't get it on eBay quick enough using his wife as the excuse but has then been rumbled so he's had to come clean about the cat c write off status. It's the fact he's getting another LS400 that made me think because if his wife didn't like the one he's just sold then she certainly won't like this one either!!! I always try and give people the benefit of the doubt but I'm not sure about this one now...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Lexus-LS400-4-0-V8-/161912160817?hash=item25b2b78231:g:ywwAAOSwbdpWZx3L

It doesn't look like he's actually bought it yet because as you can see it's still for sale.

I notice although it passed, one of the advisories is its rear exhaust is missing? I would have thought that was a fail. I think its just goes to show that where ever your buying from you have got to keep your wits about you and if you ask questions which are met with what you think is bull**** or they become agitated then walk. Remember you are buying a fairly rare car and there are going to be lots of dogs out there but perseverance and patience will reward you. There is nothing wrong with someone buying a car to sell on purely to make money, we do live in a capitalist society what is wrong is hiding the fact you are a trader and telling stupid stories, lies as to why they are selling the car also not divulging the cars full history when they know what it is. Just be on your guard no matter how nice the bloke, woman or garage is you are buying from. Mike.

• Like 3

He (baz) is already using this seller's LS400 photos to advertise his wedding chauffeur service: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221945414008

Seems a bit cheeky! (But not half as cheeky as the glimpse of pink sock.)

He (baz) is already using this seller's LS400 photos to advertise his wedding chauffeur service: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221945414008

I'd noticed that as well, he's only recently changed it from the catC car.

I wonder if it was ex private hire, as well as catC, we certainly had to register wedding cars as such back in the 80's, even our old Rollers.

I'd noticed that as well, he's only recently changed it from the catC car.

I wonder if it was ex private hire, as well as catC, we certainly had to register wedding cars as such back in the 80's, even our old Rollers.

Your trying to unweave a tissue of falsehoods and lies and also trying to find the logic of why would they say this or do that and you are just wasting your brain power. If you are pulled towards these private dealers just be very careful and don't let your money leave you untill you are 100% sure. Mike.

Regarding the one with 40000 odd miles on it, well the dealer said lexus birmingham made a mistake and they will be rectifying it. Apparently lexus birmingham have admitted this and the car has full lexus service history

The picture of the mileage shows its done 40K miles so are they going to change the mileage to read 90K ?

A mistake?? Would they not elaborate on what the mistake was? I tell you what boys and girls the word will get around that unless you going to tell the truth about the Lexus your selling don't bother trying to lie about it. Mike.

• Like 1

Being a member of this forum, can give you some added inside information before buying. Getting hold of a genuine LS 400 seems to be getting much harder and chancers will obviously try and pull the wool over people's eyes. As most LS 400 owners seem to keep their cars for an extended period, when they do come up for sale, it is even more important to try and ascertain the genuine reason for selling.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links