Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anybody Selling An Ls400

Baz has got his on eBay now, £1495. 130k miles, 18 service stamps, cambelt done at 104k, new Battery, MOT June 2016. Baz says the only faults are remote locking not working (need to put key in door) and memory seat not working. He sold his LS430 to me last week and replaced it with this but his wife doesn't like it so now he's looking for another LS430!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-LEXUS-LS400-AUTO-ICE-LIGHT-GREEN-ONE-OF-THE-LAST-OF-THE-SUPERB-LS400-1999-/381487076330?hash=item58d266d3ea:g:5J0AAOSwxN5WZ4rY

Baz is in Bolton so not too far from Cheshire, could be worth a look.

But take a look at the car carefully because to me, the off side rear looks a different shade to the rest of the car. Unless it's the light, but it just doesn't look right

Just seen baz ad and it looks like some people have asked about the rear panel so it isn't just me, looks like hes taken new pictures but it still doesn't look right.

I've just seen the one on eBay for £6,495. It really is mint but I think that it is very overpriced, I really don't think any LS400 is worth that kind of money no matter how good it is.

You can bet any money that the one that Baz is selling will drive every bit as good as that one with everything working, the only real difference is that Baz's has done 130k but it is £5,000 cheaper!!! A bit of mileage means absolutely nothing to these cars so there is no point paying well over the odds for a really low mileage example, in fact, cars can have too few miles on them. I'd rather have a car that has had a healthy diet of motorway miles than one that has done about 2 miles a day going to the shops and back.

• Like 1

There's a corker on eBay just come on a shade under £6500 56000mls looks as new. That won't be on for long.

Just seen that one, belongs to a member here apparently, so I won't post a link.

The style of ad, and the location being Scotland, as well as the picture backgrounds, reminds me of another ad for a low mile LS that was on here a while back, don't think it's the same car though.

Hmmm, see what you think, click on the link in this thread, even a lot of the wording is the same.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/97542-lexus-ls400-26000-miles/

That car was bought by another member, thread here.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/98757-time-warp-ls400/

Both gorgeous cars though.

yes the gold 56k one is originally member "willydoits" car which was
bought by a private trader (same trader that bought the 29k silver LS
which was sold to TH bohler which is now jasons car)

looks like the car has had a professional valet and professionally photographed - cant fault it really and no doubt it will sell

yes the gold 56k one is originally member "willydoits" car which was

bought by a private trader (same trader that bought the 29k silver LS

which was sold to TH bohler which is now jasons car)

looks like the car has had a professional valet and professionally photographed - cant fault it really and no doubt it will sell

Here is a link to the previous car, bearing in mind its a different seller, well, username anyway, and neither ad is obviously "trade", how come the blurb is virtually identical.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221685803556?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D221685803556%26_rdc%3D1&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Here is a link to the current car

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301820514796?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

well going by the ad and pictures its like its the same person behind it?

My point exactly, but when you're talking about t'internet, and eBay in particular, things are often not what they seem, so who knows?

Well I've just done a hpi check on baz ls400 and it's come up cat c. Well now it's not worth anywhere near what he's asking for it. No wonder the paint looked a different shade

Well I've just done a hpi check on baz ls400 and it's come up cat c. Well now it's not worth anywhere near what he's asking for it. No wonder the paint looked a different shade

Funny that, he says at the bottom of his ad that the damage was to the sat nav screen, done by a 14 yr old car thief out of spite, because he couldn't nick the car.

I've got an email from baz saying something like he's spoke to the first owner and he told baz the damage to the rear quarter happened after the 14 yr old damaged the satnav screen. Make of that what you will but something doesn't seem right

I've got an email from baz saying something like he's spoke to the first owner and he told baz the damage to the rear quarter happened after the 14 yr old damaged the satnav screen. Make of that what you will but something doesn't seem right

It's a murky area, but 99% of cat C&D sales mention light damage, yet rarely provide pictorial or documentary evidence to prove that claim.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but if I repaired a write off, I'd keep any insurance documents

relating to the claim, and take a load of photos of the damage, and the repair as it progressed.

Unless of course I was bodging it on the cheap and being economical with the truth regarding the extent of the damage!

Edited to add:- I forgot to say, if this Baz wants rid, and a dealer sold him a cat"C" without declaring it as such, why doesn't he just get his money back, rather than sell at a loss on eBay?

............ Insurers and Write-Offs, cat C etc .................. if my experience is anything to go by, the insurers will write just about any elderly Ls " off " for even very very minor damage ....... as they will ONLY repair, under insurance, with new Lexus Original parts ............. and that puts just about all of our cars, including older Ls600s now I would surmise, at write-off, to be repaired without brand new OEM stuff and thereby Cat C etc ...... or am I wrong here in my thoughts guys ??

Nothing stopping us buying our write-offs though and having them repaired locally ...... and accepting they are Cat C etc

Malc

Baz is going to contact the dealer he bought it off, but something tells me he won't get his money back as I think the buyer should have done all nesscesary checks before purchasing the vehicle. Am I wrong in saying that?

Baz is going to contact the dealer he bought it off, but something tells me he won't get his money back as I think the buyer should have done all nesscesary checks before purchasing the vehicle. Am I wrong in saying that?

Well I remember a member here "Manicmark" buying an LS430 which was a write off - the dealer either failed to tel him - He took it back after 2 weeks and got his money back

............ Insurers and Write-Offs, cat C etc .................. if my experience is anything to go by, the insurers will write just about any elderly Ls " off " for even very very minor damage ....... as they will ONLY repair, under insurance, with new Lexus Original parts ............. and that puts just about all of our cars, including older Ls600s now I would surmise, at write-off, to be repaired without brand new OEM stuff and thereby Cat C etc ...... or am I wrong here in my thoughts guys ??

Nothing stopping us buying our write-offs though and having them repaired locally ...... and accepting they are Cat C etc

Malc

You're right Malc, parts being so expensive is a big factor in writing our cars off.

There is another factor though, which applies to all cars, and that is the cost of providing a hire car while yours is off the road.

We had one for months when our Nissan 100NX got clobbered outside our house, and was waiting for body panels to arrive, God knows what it cost the other drivers insurance company, but I bet they wished they'd written our car off instead.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links