Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anybody Selling An Ls400

Baz is going to contact the dealer he bought it off, but something tells me he won't get his money back as I think the buyer should have done all nesscesary checks before purchasing the vehicle. Am I wrong in saying that?

I thought Baz was another dealer so he would have bought it on a trade agreement which means once I have your money dont bother coming back and moaning this is wrong that's broke etc. Would it not be stamped now on the V5? Mike.

Baz isn't a dealer but just a normal guy that likes lexus and can't seem to make up his mind which ls he likes and then if his wife doesn't like it he will sell it and buy another

Baz isn't a dealer but just a normal guy that likes lexus and can't seem to make up his mind which ls he likes and then if his wife doesn't like it he will sell it and buy another

My mistake I thought from historic threads he had been referred to as a trader. Mike.

Believe me baz deals in selling cars. Most of his cars you can check back on and he's bought them at a lot lot less than he sells them. He does the same as Lexus chap. But good luck to him he's a nice fella and he's making a buck out of buying and selling a car.

It does look like he's a dealer, but I can assure you he isn't. Even I've questioned it, I've told him myself stop changing your lexus or else your going to end up with 1 that may need alot of work on it or 1 that is damaged repaired and look what's happened now, he's ended up with 1 that has been damaged repaired. But he still won't learn, but he is a nice guy

It does look like he's a dealer, but I can assure you he isn't. Even I've questioned it, I've told him myself stop changing your lexus or else your going to end up with 1 that may need alot of work on it or 1 that is damaged repaired and look what's happened now, he's ended up with 1 that has been damaged repaired. But he still won't learn, but he is a nice guy

Its a shame he doesn't describe the car properly and honestly if he is such a nice fellow instead of hoping to pass it on to some poor unsuspecting buyer. Mike.

Baz's car was up for sale at a dealers in Bedlington at £1495. When I viewed it he said it was previously damaged and noted in the log book/service book. The S/N screen looks like its been butchered with a screw driver so I was there 5 minutes and left with the dealer saying something like "trouble with you is you want something like new, its 15 years old".

The car in Edinburgh has been up for sale previously but don't remember when or how much.

Baz is not a dealer but he has been very naive buying this car. In his own words he jumped the gun and bought the car over the phone and even gave a £200 deposit over the phone without even seeing the car and obviously the dealer has chosen not to mention certain things but at the same time Baz should've asked the right questions or at the very least spent £2 at mycarcheck which tells you if a car is a write off or not amongst other things, it's like a mini hpi check. I did the check myself just out of interest for the sake of £2 and sure enough it tells you it was a cat C write off in June this year.

It looks like he's been had, he says the dealer won't speak to him now but surely he should contact trading standards about it.

He's updated the eBay listing to reflect the cat C write off and taken £100 off the asking price, I don't think he would knowingly push a bad car on to some unsuspecting buyer. The problem he has now is he is going to either have to keep it or end up selling it really cheap and be seriously out of pocket.

It's still too much for a car that is a cat c. He even says in his ad the trader have him some money back hence why he's lowered the price. He told me the trader won't speak to him on the phone.

It's nearly as cheap as this privately entered LS400 on auto trader.

Although, if you enter the phone number 07555920534 in to google, you might doubt the private bit, especially if you also see the same car on eBay.

It's about time there was a hard and fast rule about who is and isn't a trader.

Incidentally, have you ever seen such a knackered steering wheel on an LS?

Edited to remove the links, as they didn't work, for some reason, just look on autotrader for a £1000 LS400 with the phone number above, if you're interested.

Although, if you enter the phone number 07555920534 in to google, you might doubt the private bit, especially if you also see the same car on ebay.

Edited to remove the links, as they didn't work, for some reason, just look on autotrader for a £1000 LS400 with the phone number above, if you're interested.

thats being sold by lexus chap

Although, if you enter the phone number 07555920534 in to google, you might doubt the private bit, especially if you also see the same car on ebay.

thats being sold by lexus chap

No sh*t sherlock :whistling: :winky:

"Hard & Fast Rule" They do on Autotrader, if you advertise more than 6 (I think) cars in a year they do it automatically that you are a trader. Don't know why eBay cant do the same. Mike.

"Hard & Fast Rule" They do on Autotrader, if you advertise more than 6 (I think) cars in a year they do it automatically that you are a trader. Don't know why eBay cant do the same. Mike.

yep gumtree has a similar rule in place

Just looking at the same car on gumtree, got there putting 07555920534 in google.

Where does it say whether trade or private?

Not saying it doesn't, just that I can't see it.

I believe that H.M.R.C will take the view that anyone who buys and sells vehicles for a profit will be a Trader.

It would be wise to check this out with them or an Accountant as anything warranted or implied that is contrary to H.M.R.C view will not "hold water."

Regards

John

Just looking at the same car on gumtree, got there putting 07555920534 in google.

thats being sold by lexuschap Trade

Yes, I realise that, but where does it actually say it's a trade ad?

The point i was making about gumtree is if you list a certain number of cars for sale in a year then you have to start paying

• Like 1

Couldn't see that, don't for get Gumtree belongs to eBay so I doubt they are really bothered. Mike

• Like 1