Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Issues With My Is200 Hard To Start

Hey guys, all the way from Iceland here asking for your advice so don't roast me for bad English :þ.
Recently I started to have issues with my is200 2002 model, when I try to start it everything sounds health expect the fact that sometimes the car doesn't start.
Sometimes if fires up right away other times I have to crank it for a while before it starts, then i mean 3-4sec for 20-100 times. I thought it might be radiator but lights on dashboard don't go dim when i try to start the car so it can't be it, right?

Another thought, my key is little bit messed up and I have been fixing it with a duck tape, so i have little part of the bottom taped up, so when i put it into ignition, 1-2 millimeters of the duck tape go in too, can it be messing up the car? as if the car doesn't recognize the key and wont start?

Anyways I don't have a clue what might be bothering my car any thoughts on what it might be? Or how i could find out what's up?

• 2 weeks later...