Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Error Codes

Evening all,

Hope your well, I've plugger in techstream to my 2004 rx300 which brought up the following:

C1223

U0123

U0124

U0126

The car does have issues when breaking in that the left hand front seems to wobble / judder when breaking, I did re set the codes and it drive fine for a day and now the feelings is back, any suggestions?

The codes seem to be ABS lead codes?

Thanks in advance

Those codes indicate a loss of data from the accelerometers and steering angle sensor to the ABS brain. when you say there is a wobble during braking from the front left wheel, it could be you have a failing bearing or damaged brake disk or something loose which are causing enough vibration to confuse the ABS controller's software, this stuff is very low level and will include routines that default to fail and switch on the error codes if the data doesn't make sense, sensor vibration can generate too much data also known as a 'bus storm' this can also be caused by a bad ground connection. I would take a good look at the wheel in question and see if there is any play or if anything looks damaged, loose or worn.

Hi PCM, good find!

A Zero-point calibration might just do the trick for Halliwell or at least help move diagnosis forwards.

When my air suspension was bad, I had a similar issue when braking on roundabouts due to not having a good contact with one of the wheels to the ground, it would trigger the abs/traction control and the steering and braking feel was just wrong.

Take a look at:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi212.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fcc52%2FTucanviajero%2Fzeroptcalibrationvscsmall.jpg&hash=04441704163caf19ac653397b83c8284

This can be done with Techstream too, but I haven't found instructions for that, yet. The most important thing is to ensure you are on Flat, Level ground (like a petrol station forecourt, for example).

• Like 1

Thanks for the above, will have a good read through tonight, I'm no expert with cars but can tackle most jobs with some instructions and saving some cash would defiantly help. Tried to get the wheel off today for a look but when the tyre was changed they must have overtightened the locking wheel but as it won't budge

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got it working with Windows 7 - 64bit but then I'm a techie by trade, it is possible but a lot of messing around.

I would buy a netbook with 32bit Windows XP if i did it again as would be easier dragging backwards and forwards to the car - plus they are very cheap on eBay ~£30!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links