AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

mrdoofa

Ls430 Subwoofer Vibrating/ Rattling

Last night my rear subwoofer started to make a really annoying vibrating sound whenever heavy bass was played through it. It got so annoying that I switched the fader to play through the front speakers only!!! It's been fine since I bought the car a couple of weeks ago but has just started doing this now.

I understand it's quite a common fault with the Mark Levison sound system, I want to attempt repairing it. My question is can you repair it without removing the speaker from the car as I don't really fancy taking all the back seats etc out. Also, what is the best thing to repair it with?

Cheers everybody.

Hi, I'm afraid you will have to take the speaker out of the car to repair it. There is no other way

• Like 1

See this link

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/46353-mark-levinson-subwoofer-replacement-andor-repair/

I repaired mine with clear silicon . It'll take minimum of 24 hrs to set...To remove the girl on the subwoofer I used nail removing end of the hammer...be gentle though.

Good luck...this was a twenty minute job...have plenty of paper towels handy to wipe the excess silicon

To remove the GRILL even....autocorrections are a bloody nuisance....