Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 Subwoofer Vibrating/ Rattling

Last night my rear subwoofer started to make a really annoying vibrating sound whenever heavy bass was played through it. It got so annoying that I switched the fader to play through the front speakers only!!! It's been fine since I bought the car a couple of weeks ago but has just started doing this now.

I understand it's quite a common fault with the Mark Levison sound system, I want to attempt repairing it. My question is can you repair it without removing the speaker from the car as I don't really fancy taking all the back seats etc out. Also, what is the best thing to repair it with?

Cheers everybody.

See this link

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/46353-mark-levinson-subwoofer-replacement-andor-repair/

I repaired mine with clear silicon . It'll take minimum of 24 hrs to set...To remove the girl on the subwoofer I used nail removing end of the hammer...be gentle though.

Good luck...this was a twenty minute job...have plenty of paper towels handy to wipe the excess silicon