Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changed Injectors, Now Stuck In Limp Mode! Help Please!

hypoman

Hi guys, hope someone can help here.

I just changed the injectors on my is200 99 model. i had to remove the throttle body to get at one bolt. all went well and as usual an easy job on the IS.

problem now is its stuck in limp mode. I've tried disconnecting the Battery for 2 hours (should be long enough), but its still in limp.

since doing the injectors I've noticed theres a loud humming/vibrating sound coming from the intake manifold just behind the alternator.

I'm guessing its a bad bearing in a 12volt motor (or something) to do with the emission system but cant find any info on it. I had one go on my turbo S40 volvo. made the same sound so i just cut the wires going to the motor. worked fine.

Ive pulled the fault codes (as the check engine light is also on), and I get p1128 (from memory), which is a throttle control motor lock malfunction.

All the plugs are connected correctly and the vac lines were all replaced n the same sequence.

can anyone offer any advice? I'm in the Philippines and have to deal with this myself.

and has anyone else bypassed any motor thats built into the intake manifold?

I doubt it being coded injectors on the 1999 IS200. the originals were brown, the replacement ones were violet yet both were 4 holes and the same part numbers. However I have noticed that Diesels have to have the injectors coded...

Im pretty sure its something to do with the throttle body though. ill whip it off again today and recheck everything...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links