Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3Rd Gen Advices Before Buy Gs300 Or Gs430

Tom_

Hello guys, i am new here and i am trying to find some buyers information about gs300 or gs430. I looked into a FAQ and there are not any informations about buying used car and give atention during buying, what is good to look for , some good advices if you could give me... I have already read about some problems with GS300 engine misfire and calling to repair in saloons but in USA, i dont know, if USA market and EU market is the same and these problems are exactly same here in UK,DE,CZE,PL

USA Lexus forum http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/655858-finally-recall-on-gs300-engine-misfire.html

Thank You

Hello Tom and welcome to the LOC.

Main thing is a full Lexus service history and preferably few previous owners.

I'm not aware of the misfire problem you mention but being heavy cars check the suspension during a test drive for knocks and clunks indicating worn suspension components,make sure you press every button you can find to be sure it works.

Lexus alloy wheels are well known for corrsion issues so you may find them refurbished or needing it, check tyres for even wear.

Sorry that's about all I can offer regarding buying advice but pretty sure some GS owners will add their comments.

Feel free to post up links of any you are interested in.

Hello Steve, thank you for an answer. Actually i am from Czech Republic, but i must choose a some option in the registration :D. So my location its a bit confusing :D....I think, that GS300 will be enough for me, but when i found that topic i start looking for a GS430 because of GS300 problems...So i want to decide between two choices....i think that cheaper will be GS300. I want to spend about 11 000 EUR for the car. I know, that GS430 will have a better equipment, but i will be satisfied with GS300 equipment...Moore equipment = moore problems :D . So if any members can confirm or disproof that GS300 have a problems with misfire or something like that....

Hi Tom

I owned Three GS 300’s

and didn’t come across any miss firing problems with any of them, the
first one was 4 years old when I got it, I had it for 2 years with a total of
52k miles on the clock, the second one was 1 year old and I kept that one for 3
years, total 26k miles, the third one was new, kept that for 3 years only 12k
miles on the clock

Ok, sorry... the price range, what i can paid for the car, is around 10 000 Euro, and these cars for that price had around 80k miles on the clock...so i am not sure, if its not too much and how is that about body rust protection?