Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Glad I Found You

Brechin Slate

Hi all

I'm a new Lexus owner and have already found the forum a useful place, so much good info and advice. Driven nearly everything (ex delivery driver), owned a few classics and always more than willing to learn, if you're heading to Barton On Sea cliff top, my kettle is always on. Good to be here.

post-54884-0-24493500-1450700308_thumb.j

Hi Mike and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Have a happy Christmas and a very Happy
Lexus New Year.

Regards Mike.

Thanks for the welcome, Bluesman. Read the Ts&Cs, ready for the test. Are you a musician? I used to make guitars, actually better than I play them...

I am indeed. Jazz & Blues are my poison. What name did you have on your headstock? Mike.

Stevenson as it's my surname. As far as I know, only one guy records with my guitars, Daniel James. I made him a custom Telecaster from scratch and a Martin D28 copy. All my guitars are out on permanent loan to friends and family members, I just keep a Martin at home for messing around with and the occasional open mic night. Jazz is way too clever for me but the blues, now you're talking!

Stevenson as it's my surname. As far as I know, only one guy records with my guitars, Daniel James. I made him a custom Telecaster from scratch and a Martin D28 copy. All my guitars are out on permanent loan to friends and family members, I just keep a Martin at home for messing around with and the occasional open mic night. Jazz is way too clever for me but the blues, now you're talking!

I see your in Hampshire same as me, we must get together and have ourselves a Jam Session.

When you hit the post button leave it once you have and it may look as though nothing is happening but it is, it always seems to slow down later in the evening, if you hit the post button again it will duplicate the post. I was always doing it when I first joined. Mike.

Welcome to the site Mike. Great place to be.

My oh my do I wish I was a musician. My dad and his four brothers could play anything, Why didn't that ability rub off on me! I have bought myself a keyboard and am wondering if it is too late to learn at 75.

I just love watching Jools Holland on the piano and wish that I could do that.

Enjoy your car and enjoy the club.

Welcome to the site Mike. Great place to be.

My oh my do I wish I was a musician. My dad and his four brothers could play anything, Why didn't that ability rub off on me! I have bought myself a keyboard and am wondering if it is too late to learn at 75.

I just love watching Jools Holland on the piano and wish that I could do that.

Enjoy your car and enjoy the club.

To get that left hand to play constantly will take some doing and then of course you have to add the right hand in a syncopation with the left and once you have learnt to do that you need to be able to sing a song also at the same time and while all that's going on of course you are conducting the band, who said men cant multitask? I use to be able to Boogie on the piano but old age and rheumatism plus I don't have the time to practice and if you don't use it you lose it. I taught my son at the age of 6/7 and he was pretty damn good, on one of the school parents days, we turn up and see our little cherubs quote a piece of poetry, sing a song you get the idea, my sons turn came and up he marched to the piano sat down and stormed into a piece he had composed and the room went totally silent, me? I had tears in my eyes when he finished. I heard a couple of people talking and one said to the other well its because of his father which was so unfair on my son who had spent hundreds of hours practicing. He never plays now which is a great shame, but you are never to old to learn or do something so crack on. Mike.

Thanks for the great welcome. Bluesman is right, it's never too late to learn, I keep discovering new interests and I dive in, what is there to lose? Just done my Day Skipper qualification having never been on a yacht before. Done aircraft carriers and destroyers but never went near anything with sails. I might have a stab at piano too, maybe give it 3 months in the New Year and see if there's any aptitude there. In the meantime I've got to enjoy this new car......if it stopped raining for a day I might get it washed and waxed!

• Like 1

3 weeks into new ownership and I'm loving it! The site is amazing, so much knowledge and experience. I've now done a few 'economy' runs to check the boring numbers, now it's time to put my foot down and have fun. Going to clay bar the paintwork and screens over the next couple of days, never done this before but the car deserves to look it's best. Any advice welcome...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links