Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is250 2006 Oil Service

GregB

Hi there Lexus lovers!!!

My name is Greg and i bought a Lexus IS250 manual 8 months ago with 55K on the clock. As from the last oil service i punched 8K miles in the car, i think it's time for an oil service, but also i would like to change the fluids in the car. Please Guys and Girls help me out here a bit, as some of You have much more experience what brand/quality of fluids are the best for my car.

I am planning to change:
Engine Oil
Transmission Oil(manual)
Diffgerential oil
Engine coolant
Brake Fluid
Air filter

Oil filter
Pollen filter

Fuel filter

My Question would be if there is anything else to change (eg if the steering assist is hydraulic or if there is a crankshaft ventillation filter) and what types of oils and fluids do You reccommend.

Thank You for Your help, hope to have a forum meeting some day!!

• Like 1

Hi there Lexus lovers!!!

My name is Greg and i bought a Lexus IS250 manual 8 months ago with 55K on the clock. As from the last oil service i punched 8K miles in the car, i think it's time for an oil service, but also i would like to change the fluids in the car. Please Guys and Girls help me out here a bit, as some of You have much more experience what brand/quality of fluids are the best for my car.

I am planning to change:

Engine Oil

Transmission Oil(manual)

Diffgerential oil

Engine coolant

Brake Fluid

Air filter

Oil filter

Pollen filter

Fuel filter

My Question would be if there is anything else to change (eg if the steering assist is hydraulic or if there is a crankshaft ventillation filter) and what types of oils and fluids do You reccommend.

Thank You for Your help, hope to have a forum meeting some day!!

I think this is a brilliant to-do list.

Even I could do the pollen filter!

But make sure you have what is presumably special equipment to do everything!?

:geek:

• Like 1

As far as i had time to research the topics about this car, i found that Castrol oils are the best for the engine and redline sythetic for the tranny, i had some squeaking noise coming from the drive belt this morning when i warmed up the car for the daily shopping run.. So.. i have to change thre drive belt and the tensioner pully...any ideas?

yes i used shell good oil, but any fully syth 5 w 30 oil would be as good. Mobil 1 is a good one as is Vw low saps.

Im going for Mercedes on my next oil change, 20 Litre 60.00 a bargain. And will allow for 3 oil changes @ 20.00 each and new filters of coarse.

What research led you to believe Castrol Oil and Redline synthetic is best for your car?

I just googled what other IS owners reccommend..
I have said this before, but it's worth repeating.

Getting the right oils for your car is not a black art, RTFM and buy the equivalent oils that Lexus recommend from a reputable motor factor.

I can never understand the amount of discussions we have on this forum and other car forums about such a simple subject.

It's all about the numbers on the tin.:lol:

Rant over.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links