Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Economy

Hi I have a manual IS200 Sportcross overall average over last 5000 miles 29.5 mpg not much town work or commuting ,cruise on M/way at an indicated 80 where possible no cruise control on this model .I think you would get 10% less on auto model but I'm sure someone will be along who owns one to give advice

Dave

Am new to Lexus with IS300h Exec after 20+ years of BMW. Am adjusting to new driving style and don't think mpg is so good. Best so far is 56mpg on mixed trip - country roads+ mway. I often use French mways where BMW excelled so hoping for better things when weather warms. Bit tight on maps etc storage but comfort is great and wife says it is THE most comfortable seat ever !. Looking forward to trouble free motoring after too many blown BMW turbos !

• Like 1

Hi ,ref my is200 I do not think the mpg is too bad for an old technology 6 cylinder car ,I only cover 7000 miles per year so I'm happy to put up with the mpg . On a good run I get approx 390 miles to a tank .

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

As a ps to my last post responding to GDH300 I had not realised that there is an IS300 non-hybrid and its official mpg is quite low so am a bit more relaxed now ! I daresay after the VW affair that we will soon be seeing a raft of new co2, mpg, etc numbers from all car manufacturers.

Yes i think there was a bit of a misunderstandong on which model was being discussed. this should be in the IS300H section rather than the is200 - 300 mk 1 version. I have an IS200 manual turbo 1st gen, and get about 22 to the gallon, but don't care because I love it and had it enhanced for the perpfmance it gives me. On the subject of fuel economy the most import factors are wehre and how you drive it and you will almost never achieve the quoted figures from the manufacturer.

There is very little difference between the manual and auto IS200 in terms of mpg, the manual being very slightly better. Most of the difference is seen around town but still only a couple of mpg different.

A good rule of thumb for the IS300 is a 10% drop in mpg compared to the IS200.

These vehicles weren't at the cutting edge of economy when they were being sold, by today's standards they are quite poor.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links