Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2001 Celsior Insurance

Hi guys just after a bit of advice - my celsior is arriving in the country soon and starting to shop around for insurance, many companies dont even list the celsior (although one of the most popular imports back in the day) has anyone any recommendations, I got a quote from flus at a shade under 900 which I thought was a tad steep 33 - 13years ncb etc (previous car celica gt4 190 pounds)

who are people using

thanks

Phil

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I have a 1994 Celsior which used to cost around the £300.00 mark for fully comp for the 1st 8 years of ownership (56 years old and 10 years + NCD). I used Flux and A Plan.

Flux state LOC members get a discount but when I asked for a quote I didn't mention this until the end and was suddenly told the quoted price included the discount, amazing how they knew beforehand.

Once the car reached 20 years old I qualified for Classic insurance which on renewal in January I have been quoted £134.00 with agreed value, SDP only ( commuting is £20.00 extra) and an agreed mileage of 3000 with Footman James.

The only downside is you lose your NCD after 2 years unless you reinsure with standard insurance.

Be nice to see some pictures of your import and details such as mileage. Are you having the conversion work done professionally?

Hi guys just after a bit of advice - my celsior is arriving in the country soon and starting to shop around for insurance, many companies dont even list the celsior (although one of the most popular imports back in the day) has anyone any recommendations, I got a quote from flus at a shade under 900 which I thought was a tad steep 33 - 13years ncb etc (previous car celica gt4 190 pounds)

who are people using

thanks

Phil

Hi and welcome.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. We have no issues insuring Japanese imported vehicles that don;t appear on recognised databases. If you wanted to private message me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Guys, thanks for the info, APlan have come up with the best quote so far but I havent tried lifesure.

Thanks for the offer Dan but flux were a good few hundred more, maybe next year once ive had it for a year etc.

Thanks Steve - i'll get some pics up asap, I'm doing the whole import thing myself (not paying someone lots of money to do it for me) its something ive wanted to do for ages. I'm just getting a garage to mot and fit speedo conversion chip etc

Phil

DIY import,sounds like fun,let us know how the process goes.

I bought mine already prepared from a dealer in Blackpool 10 years ago with a converted mileage of 38,000, be aware that all JDM cars are speed limited to 180 KPH (113 MPH) and the FM radio frequencies are different.

Sat nav is also fun in Japamese :)

yeah - ive got the converter for the speedo and the radio, also ive read that you can swap out the nav unit for an english version (screen still in japanese) or both unit and screen - the whole process has been pain free - I think the hardest part has been the paperwork and even that isnt rediculously hard etc