Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying A Second Hand Is 220D

Hi,

I am going to look at a Black IS220D manual at the weekend to buy.

Can you give me any pointers on what I should look out for...common faults, what should have been replaced at various servicing intervals etc.?

This question may of been asked many times so please send me the tread to cover off if its already been answered.

Spec includes...

99250 miles

2 owners from new

Registered in 2008

No details yet on the service history

ELECTRIC WINDOWSHEATED SEATS

ELECTRIC MIRRORS

COLOUR CODED BUMPERS

A B S, CENTRAL LOCKING

DUAL AIR BAGS

TRACTION CONTROL SPORT SEATS

FULL BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR

AUTO HEADLIGHTS

MULTIFUNCTIONAL STEERING WHEEL

LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL

ON BOARD COMPUTER

PARK LIGHTS

CHROME PACK

SAV NAV

I appericate the help guys!

Alan

Yeah the is250 are lovely cars too and have a great spec!

But, I currently have a 318 M-Sport coupe which drinks the fuel hence why I'm changing and I need the 4 doors as I have 8 week old baby.

What kind of problems we talking about?

I drive is220d on 2006 with 92247 had no issues as yet just have to use right oil when service only thing is dpf /egr getting blocked due to town driving I'm selling mine wanna buy is250 as don't do lot of miles, is220d is good for motorway and if u do lots of miles but as long it's got fsh shouldn't b a problem check mot history on mot.history hope this helps

buy a is250.. :doggy:

thats high enough milage but probably normal for a diesel.

They have caused so much problems I dont get why people still want them, maybe thats just me.

Not just you Eric, I feel the same, just too many doubts about performance, economy and reliability.

Don't... Problems start at that sort of mileage and parts prices are on par with a Porsche. Just check out the price of one shock absorber. I do huge motorway mileage daily and still have egr. And dpf. Problems.... Car is currently in the garage since last saturday

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links