Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, has anyone actually tried clearing your dpf like this? If so what were the results?

Also, would there be anyway of damaging it?

Judging by the amount of black SH1Te on the guys driveway, it looks like to bloody well works!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H5JRmwiBd7g

I look forward to hearing your thoughts guys.

The title is misleading, he removed the dpf to jet it. I guess the first question would be what is the dpf made of and how sensitive is it to HP water? I think if I did it, I'd be tempted to use the neighbours drive rather than my own!

It does work and many people do this. However, you could just force a regen

I have tried going up and down the motorway loads of times, occasionally getting a bit of smoke after using a dpf cleaner, but the mpg and performance is still on a downward spiral.

Ever since I bought the 220d, I've been nervous about the DPF, so if I can go this once a year and clean the EGR every 6 months or so, it should do the trick. I really like the car, but I am constantly on edge with regards to the DPF.

Does anyone know if the DPF is easy enough to get at, or has any sensors etc that need to be disconnected?

thanks again

Scott

Water jetting damages the ceramic core, there are companies that are licenced to clean them & correctly dispose of the ash.

Dpf's work very well, it's just a shame that cars with them are effectively miss sold to customers who will never drive the car in a manor suitable to allowing it to work correctly.

My diesel had done 116000 mile when I sold it & the Dpf still had plenty of life left in it.

But if the exhaust gases do not get hot enough in use they will slowly clog up.

My work place changed so I was no longer doing the milage so I changed to a petrol engine which is better suited to shorter journeys.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links