Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-F At Lexus Belfast

Some very helpful info there.

Firstly, as Gib has mentioned, the car at Woodford is just too big a jump in £££. I certainly couldn't justify the extra £7K++ outlay.

Stefan, thanks for your comments on the car.

I spoke to the salesman earlier and was given the following info:

The car currently appears as per the video. In other words, it has the covered front bumper, mirror parts and side vents. He confirmed that these are in fact sticky carbon decals to "enhance the look of the car". I asked if these can be easily removed and of course he said they could be.

60K mile service has been done

The car has had new discs, pads and tyres.

So this begs the question whether it was the dealer who installed cheap tyres.

I have emailed asking for photos of all 4 wheels to see whether they need a refurb. I also asked for them to email me with brand of tyres.

To any IS-F owners, looking from the photos, do you agree with Stefan that the tips look poorly reinstalled? This isn't a deal breaker if so.

Stefan, when you say the rear mesh has been "daubbed", what do you mean by this please? Do you mean removed and repainted?

Finally, I am somewhat confused that you mention there are carbon fibre stickers on the rear doors too. This sounds like they've applied yet MORE stickers since taking the video! Therefore I'll be asking for more photos to confirm how the car appears NOW.

I am currently drafting an email to the dealer in Guernsey. Will keep you all updated.

Cheers

Hi Ollie. In June the front tyres were Bridgestone and the rears were unknown cheap tat. By daubed I mean badly painted. I only took a quick look driving past it but I remembered the rear door quarter chip guards because they just looked bad. The tips themselves look ok but the surrounding mesh looks absolutely knackered.

By the sounds of things the Guernsey car would be the better buy. One owner from new, no modifications and full history. Unless the dealer in Belfast takes an offer of £15.5k or thereabouts. Leaves you with enough to tidy it up with a bit of spare change.

I emailed the dealership in Guernsey first thing this morning so looking forward to a reply.

I am certainly not ruling out the Belfast car though. Carbon wrap + scratches on the rear bumper will be resolved by a good paint correction or similar as I would want to get the car detailed anyway.

I hope that when they email me back, it won't say that the new rear tyres they fitted are the cheap brand. If they are , I would use this to negotiate.

They have replaced all pads and discs recently which cannot be overlooked as this is surely £££.

Agreed, the exhaust mesh sounds a bit grim but again, not insurmountable. I will of course be requesting close ups of this and asking for replacements. If that cannot be done, I would simply get them fabricated at the same time as an H&S exhaust.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

The one in Guernsey has now sold, the silver one at Lexus Belfast is STILL available. I would like to see a photo of the mesh surrounding the exhaust to make sure it's not too rough. The interior looks a little scruffy but hard to see without a viewing! Quite a bit of money has been spent on 60k service, brakes, pads etc. 

4 hours ago, CharlieC said:

Spoke to the salesman today who told me it had gone.....

somewhere in England..anyone on here?

Not me guv, my ISF is being purchased from a fellow member in Oxford. 

That would be me! News travels fast eh?

Patrick at Freelance Guernsey was extremely helpful. I made an offer and it was accepted. Sounds like it's in great condition; I bought based on info from here + photos + just generally chatting to Patrick. I haven't seen the car yet and won't see it until it's here in the UK. 

Anyway, I've spent quite a little while since then sorting everything out to import and register the car. It's being shipped over next week - won't be able to drive it until the UK reg has been assigned. Can't wait. I'll obviously upload some pics once it arrives.

I'm not overly hopeful for reduced rate of tax - think it'll be £505 rather than £230. Yes the Guernsey reg document doesn't state emissions but the certificate of conformity does. We shall see! Besides, I'm very happy with the price I've paid vs what I was going to spend had I purchased a C63. It gives me plenty of money left over to get the alloys refurbished and a couple of small scratches to the paintwork. Oh and I'll be getting an H&S exhaust in due course.

Cheers

• Like 3

Congrats on the purchase! I've pretty much given up with the Lexus Belfast car. Made an offer but they are avoiding sending photos of the exhaust tips (instead sent me a link to their website.....gee thanks) and won't quote the name of the tyres. The new white one on autotrader sounds very dodgy....sounds like you did well with the Guernsey car. 

Congrats, mine was shipped over in 2012, logbook states 2008 car, registered 2012, no emissions on logbook, so hopefully it will be £230 for road tax, as I'm LED to believe they can't alter the logbook as its a legal document, so hopefully the tax will be the same as mine, anyway, good luck n enjoy, there great cars,

Paul

On 26 January 2016 at 9:12 PM, ollie isf said:

That would be me! News travels fast eh?

Patrick at Freelance Guernsey was extremely helpful. I made an offer and it was accepted. Sounds like it's in great condition; I bought based on info from here + photos + just generally chatting to Patrick. I haven't seen the car yet and won't see it until it's here in the UK. 

Anyway, I've spent quite a little while since then sorting everything out to import and register the car. It's being shipped over next week - won't be able to drive it until the UK reg has been assigned. Can't wait. I'll obviously upload some pics once it arrives.

I'm not overly hopeful for reduced rate of tax - think it'll be £505 rather than £230. Yes the Guernsey reg document doesn't state emissions but the certificate of conformity does. We shall see! Besides, I'm very happy with the price I've paid vs what I was going to spend had I purchased a C63. It gives me plenty of money left over to get the alloys refurbished and a couple of small scratches to the paintwork. Oh and I'll be getting an H&S exhaust in due course.

Cheers

Let us know when u make ur visit to H&S, I'm only 5 miles away, maybe find out if there's a discount in numbers, not been over myself yet

Cheers gents. Yes I'd certainly be up for a meet at some point. And Paul, I'll give you a heads up when I'm planning on getting the exhaust. Won't be until I've had the car a couple of months I should think.

Looking forward to uploading some photos!

I was planning to fly over next week to test Drive/pay deposit, had been emailing the dealer for a few days. Had an email this morning to say it's been sold. Didn't want to pay reservation over the phone because its been for sale for so long and wanted to make sure it looked OK in the flesh.

Sorry to hear that Mark. Fingers crossed that another car crops up!

Paul, my information pack has arrived from the DVLA with all the forms to fill out to register the car + pay first tax. Unfortunately the guide explicitly states that when filling out the form, you need to get the emissions from the certificate of conformity and not the country of origin's equivalent of the V5C. 

So... things may have changed since your car is registered. I have already obtained the certificate of conformity and the emissions are on there (as expected). I imagine they have updated the procedure to prevent what has happened to your car. So looks like you're extremely lucky!

On 23 January 2016 at 2:46 PM, Terry Barr said:

54 minutes ago, ollie isf said:

Sorry to hear that Mark. Fingers crossed that another car crops up!

Paul, my information pack has arrived from the DVLA with all the forms to fill out to register the car + pay first tax. Unfortunately the guide explicitly states that when filling out the form, you need to get the emissions from the certificate of conformity and not the country of origin's equivalent of the V5C. 

So... things may have changed since your car is registered. I have already obtained the certificate of conformity and the emissions are on there (as expected). I imagine they have updated the procedure to prevent what has happened to your car. So looks like you're extremely lucky!

Let us know how u get on, mine was advertised as £505 road tax as per uk emissions, Lexus say that has to be advertised that way due to uk law, so hopefully yours will be the same, may well be a legal requirement, but fingers crossed the same applies for yours, as far as I'm aware, the fact that it's a uk car "non mainland" there's no logbook to generate, so hopefully the legal document won't change and the emissions won't be registered, have got a uk Reg number yet? Or have they said what the figure will be?

Paul