Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P0093 Help Needed To Decipher Data

Badger1966

I just hope it's not money down the drain for you.I was full of optimism thinking great, Lexus won't stop until they find the fault, and here we are. Just don't part ex it at Lexus as they will see on there systems the trouble you have had, lol. 

i just think i need to do something, and the slight missing when if starts up ( first few minutes) i think is worth a further look into. 

thats why i am going with the injectors, 

i have to say i think you should hold lexus to there word, (they should keep going until they find the problem)

also when you did the initial post you had some freeze frame data, where / how  did you get that .?

the good   news is the summer will be here soon and the problem might disappear for a while. 

hi

the obsession continues, i have gone through google for hours and there are some posts on electrical problems that are linked to the problem, Russian and italian, 

they point to the connections that are on the SCV and on the rail pressure sensor, 

both say that the code is not a  mechanical pressure problem but a electrical problem.

hope this helps with your multimeter search,

i am going to try cleaning them first, i guess its worth a go 

lexus update, 

AS i had the day i though i would go and get a 2nd had fuel rail, just to see if it was one of the sensors. fitted it ok, then all went wrong . 

dont think the car liked it smoke clouds coming out the back, so i thought that i better put the old one back on. 

put it back on and noticed it was 12c outside so thought that is good lexus diesel weather, took the old girl for a spin, all b roads, 15 miles 38.5 mpg 

this is truly a car for the summer ...lol

Hi guys, indeed a car for summer, unfortunately that's exactly the same as mine. As you go through the year it will start to rear it's ugly head and come next winter it will really start playing up. Hope you sort it or sell it before then!

I have been trying every breaker locally for the wiring loom but no luck. I can't afford the stupid prices on eBay. I was wondering if you all could keep an eye out for me, maybe breakers in your local areas may have one for reasonable money. I so want to try it but I am now just to skint.

Indeed it's much better in summer. Not saying it doesn't happen but it's much better. Although I think mine is no so bad even if it's better it will still be bad. Mine has had this fault for 18months or so. But the last 4 or 5 months has seen a real decline. And please please send me the eBay number, thanks.

Hi 

thanks for that, i think i will park the car up and as soon as it gets to be the summer, it will be taking a nice long trip to a car auction. as mine has  only really just started i best leave as it might not get any worse at this point  

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11051.m44.l1181/7?euid=c07b41724f944908b3454768bda1caa8&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fmyworld.ebay.co.uk%2Fhj_motors&exe=12742&ext=32470&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext

the link above a is guy who is breaking a lexus IS220d i asked him for the wiring loom and he said £50

Hi  gary,, 

i have been doing some more research, i am obsessed with this car. 

i think lexus might have been on the right track at my end. i had noticed that the car engine has been louder  over the last few months, especially on start up and the erg gets  clogged up after about 2 or 3 k even with additive. 

it will make a knocking / tapping noise that gets  less as the engine gets warm. all of  this and fact that it does it less when it is warm would indicate that its  the injectors. 

did you know  that Lexus / toyota changed the injectors they used after 2006 and up to now its only cars of  around that age including D4D have the problem.

here is the thing the injectors only show the problem when they are held under pressure the tips leak, they had different tips after 2006/7  

my lexus dealer ship said that my 2&3 injectors were faulty but i am going to first do a manual leak off test and then send them off. 

all of this would point to why yours has got gradually worse and why when the diesel is warmer it becomes less of a problem. #

i also have found 3 examples online where lexus owner ( same age cars as ours ) have found this fault, changed the injectors and the problem has been solved.however you might have to re programme the ECU as it stores the code. 

i will let you know how i get on, i will  leak test tomorrow and let you know 

Yep, over fueling can make it louder, maybe also on choke so will be over fueling for sure. And yes I know about the injectors being modified. My injectors check out all ok. But your injectors need doing so get them working as they should. All you can do, like me is make sure everything is working as it should and go from there. Unfortunately mine is all working well but i still have a fault. The only unchanged things are the wiring loom and the ECU. 

hi Gary

did a manual leak off test, number 2 injector was dreadful leak off  it was massive, number 3 not great, so i am going for 2 new ones. 

tried to get them out, they would not budge, absolute nightmare, any ideas how to get them out

injectors are now  in, 

need them programmed in to the ecu,

started it up and it runs ok , acid test will be in the morning.........

will  this be the fix or not...

Edited by mackemade

Epic news! Really hope it works. It will be quite fascinating if it does work, considering we have the same problem and my injectors are so say fine. I sorted that loom for £50, but I just don't have the cash at the mo. May have to wait until end of month.

Hi 

It's 6c here at the moment and the car started mega quickly give it a run no lights no issues no smoke . It's going down to 0c over night so I will have an answer by 6 in the morning . It cranks and  starts before the dials get half way round it has never done that . 

i can officially say on the 23/3/2016 i have sorted the problem that lexus could not...

THE CAR RUNS LIKE A DREAM ( EVEN IF THE INJECTORS ARE NOT CODED YET) NO LIGHTS, PROBLEM SOLVED

YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

badger the leak only shows up when they are asked to hold pressure.

happy wednesday