Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P0093 Help Needed To Decipher Data

Badger1966

hi Badger 

did they take the engine out? and was this a second hand pump from eBay or a new one from lexus. 

mine went into limp mode this morning 3 times, however the temp was 4c when it was 10c it did not do it , so it is temp related. 

hope it goes ok tomorrow 

Hi, no they didn't take engine out. They took the rocker (cam) cover off. And then something at the back of the cylinder head and apparently the pump pops right out. They said the injectors have to come out to do this. Maybe more to it but that's the basics. I was quite happy as that means new injector seals were fitted. And yes they fitted the second hand pump I brought.

10 hours ago, mackemade said:

hi Badger 

just seen this thread, when lexus did you SCV did they up date the ECU or did they just replace the part ?

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/165128-verso-t180-hates-cold-mornings/#comment-1367907

Sorry, yes, I confirmed ecu was updated

37 minutes ago, Badger1966 said:

Hi, no they didn't take engine out. They took the rocker (cam) cover off. And then something at the back of the cylinder head and apparently the pump pops right out. They said the injectors have to come out to do this. Maybe more to it but that's the basics. I was quite happy as that means new injector seals were fitted. And yes they fitted the second hand pump I brought.

thats interesting as they quoted me for an engine removal.... when in fact its no more than a few hours work.

i sent a long email to lexus uk today, also cc in the CEO of Toyota UK 

its that supposed to be his job...

3 minutes ago, Badger1966 said:

Indeed a few hours work. But strictly speaking to get direct access to it you would indeed need to take the engine out. I guess the mechanic knew a way around this.

is that supposed to be his job..

6 minutes ago, mackemade said:

its that supposed to be his job...

is that supposed to be his job..

I guess so, but not all dealers or mechanics are the same. And as much as he had a good idea to get the pump off, I had a good idea how the get the bolts off.

3 minutes ago, Badger1966 said:

I guess so, but not all dealers or mechanics are the same. And as much as he had a good idea to get the pump off, I had a good idea how the get the bolts off.

you did and if this works i will be forever in your debt as i will have to go down that route.

by the way i have just seen a new engine on eBay for £1300 supplied and fitted, thinking about biting the bullet and doing that, its only got 59k on it so might be able to recoup some of the loss on the car as it not worth a lot at the moment , or dont drive it until the summer when it will work ok and sell it ...lol 

Well all I can say is make sure it has a guarantee that the cylinder and head modifications have been done, because at that mileage it's a ticking time bomb before the top end destroys itself. But if my pump works, then it would be a much cheaper way to go. You can buy a recon pump on eBay (281028723191) for £342 and get £60 back if you return you old one to them. Unless you take a chance and buy a second hand one like me. You just might have to go to Lexus Bristol to get it fitted lol.

2 minutes ago, Badger1966 said:

Well all I can say is make sure it has a guarantee that the cylinder and head modifications have been done, because at that mileage it's a ticking time bomb before the top end destroys itself. But if my pump works, then it would be a much cheaper way to go. You can buy a recon pump on ebay (281028723191) for £342 and get £60 back if you return you old one to them. Unless you take a chance and buy a second hand one like me. You just might have to go to Lexus Bristol to get it fitted lol.

the car wont make it that far  until july... but now i have your secret to remove the bolts i will do it myself, i would just swap the engine a sell it , even if i a get a repaired one the gasket set is £100 ( according to lexus ) and then there is about £50 -£100 for injector seals and rocker gaskets, add 4 hours labour and we are near a grand already. if i DIY it still £400 - £500  and even then i might have to replace 2 injectors . 

rock and a hard place..

Well that's grim reading, Rock and a hard place indeed. The injector seals are just a O ring and copper ring thing as far as I know, I can't believe they charge £50 to £100, insane.  In the pic I think you would only need the 2 cylinder head cover gaskets, but if rubber you may get away with re-using them.

Rocker_cover.png

As far as I know, the pump is plug and play, no worries. Just the injectors have to be reprogrammed. Well I guess anything attached to a brain in the car may have to have some sort of software update or reprogramming. The pump is driven mechanically not electronically. And just to let you all know, I have not herd anything from Lexus, so I can only assume it is not good news...

i wonder if anyone can explain this ?

if i start the car and let it run on tick over  and then rev it at between 1500 and 2000 rpm it will not cut out out go into safe mode, 

if i then drive the car it will go a mile or less then loose power and the saga starts again. 

lexus say that it is either the fuel pump or the injectors, if this was a problem with pressure or the pump it would do it regardless if the car is being driven or not. 

but that does not happen. 

any ideas 

Well, the car requires a lot less fuel to rev when standing still than when it is under load.  So perhaps the fault only occurs when the demand for fuel increases?

Good evening, well, bad evening actually. Fuel pump didn't work! :msn-cry: Exactly the same this morning. They are at a loss for what it can be. As a very last resort they have changed the MAF even though I bought a new one, but they have put a Lexus one on as mine was pattern from Euro carparts. Apparently the Lexus MAF has a temperature sensor in and they don't know if the pattern one does. And they have also changed, I think he said it was the injector controller, what ever that is. So tomorrow we try again. I just cant believe after all that trouble it's not the pump...

Damn it :sad:

This is unbelievable.  Are these people Lexus Technicians or are they people that just point at random parts that might have failed?

After all this, I am beginning to think that perhaps one of the new parts they fitted might also have been faulty.  Might have to start going the other way and fitting parts from your car to another one of theirs to see if that car replicates the fault.

Don't give up mate.  Just stick with it and force the dealer to find the fault.  After all, you have already spent quite a bit of money changing parts that they recommended.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links