Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Low Mileage Rx300 Versus High Mileage Rx400H Best Option?

Hi,

I especially hoped to ask members who have already moved up from the rx300 to the rx400h, which would be the better car assuming FSH spec and condition are the same, but a much higher mileage on the hybrid.

For the budget I have available, I can get a rx300 mk2 04/5 with low to average mileage or opt for a 06/07/08 rx400h with 110 to 150k plus miles done. Trying to decide if the younger 400h is really a much better model and drive experience over the MK2 300 or not really?.

Another factor for me is that I will have to leave the car sitting around for 4 months of the year, as I have to be abroad. I worry that the 400h small Battery issue will be a pain every time I return and need to jump start it. I know the 400h has a smoother gearbox, more air bags etc, however, I would be starting with well over 100k mileage on a 400h and components will theoretically be reaching end of design life.

On the other hand, if I go for a 400h I have a much better chance at a car under 10 years old, so I can potentially avail of a Lexus used warranty ( available for cars under 10years with LFSH). Still, very good RX300 come up, with some good low mileage examples with anything from 40k to 70k to be had.

My gut is kinda telling me to get a good low mileage rx300, but I am concerned that I might be overlooking a better all round experience in the 400h, as the components can probably take the high mileage and the Battery issue won't be a big problem, especially if I get one of those solar chargers mentioned elsewhere in the forums.

Any guidance, insights here would be much appreciated as its a tricky one for me not having bought many used cars in the past or owned either Lexus 300/400h model.

Many thanks

Daniel

Yes Peter, very good point. I don't expect to be towing, however, the 400h is gong to give a bit better MPG than the RX 300.

What would most members here rather have, an older low mileage rx300 or a newer high mileage 400h. 

Thanks. 

Daniel 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links