Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking at buying a CT200h

-Rich-

Just an update...

We went to look at the car last Thursday and it was Michael's day off so Rod dealt with us on the day, he's a great guy, very helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The showroom looked similar to the Edgware one and was very nice, but I wasn't too keen on the posh coffee! :laugh:

The car looked great and we both enjoyed test driving it, the ride is fine IMO, we both took turns to sit in the back and I can't see what all the fuss it about. I was sitting in the rear of a 2010 Fiesta the other day and that felt rock solid compared to the CT.

Unfortunately we noticed some clearcoat peeling slightly under the seal of the small window to the side of the boot. Rod wasn't happy for us to take the car with it like this so they are sorting it out and delivering it at their cost on Thursday. We can't wait...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, -Rich- said:

The car looked great and we both enjoyed test driving it, the ride is fine IMO, we both took turns to sit in the back and I can't see what all the fuss it about. I was sitting in the rear of a 2010 Fiesta the other day and that felt rock solid compared to the CT.

I agree - can't see what all the reviews are banging on about.  It's certainly no firmer than any Audi/BMW/Merc.  I'd say any S-line, M-Sport, AMG version is much firmer, but I suppose they're 'sporty' <tongue in cheek> so expected to be firm.  The more reviews about the CT I read, the more I think the reviewers just don't get the car.

It arrived yesterday and we're very pleased with it :biggrin: We've only driven it around town so far but it's definitely going to take a while to get used to the CVT and whole hybrid driving experience. Plus all the gadgets the cars has! There was no handbook in the car though so I'm chasing the dealer about it.

CT200h_1.jpg

CT200h_2.jpg

Looks brilliant!  You can download a PDF handbook meantime off the owners section of the Lexus website. You just need to enter your VIN to get in. 

Maybe we should warn Rich that it's 700 pages though!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I downloaded the manual, thanks Colin.

The dealer is going to send me one so I can at least keep it in the car, which is better than printing 700 pages off! :laugh:

On 9/20/2016 at 3:56 PM, Steve ( West Mids ) said:

Probably, but waiting for the new CT. Think it's going to debut in Japan now in January. So will wait to see what it's like. Otherwise it's likely to be a used XE .... chalk and cheese ...

If it debuts in January its unlikely to make it to the UK until atleast July. 

Meh the XE - I honestly think the CT has a better quality interior so massive complement for Lexus really.

Well we're really enjoying the car and it's definitely a different way of driving having a hybrid but we seem to be adapting well.

I am still noticing little features such as the LED light above the cup holders and at the weekend I found the different displays on the speedo for mpg, Battery, range etc. I had thought the disp button was to do with the handsfree as it's above those buttons but after pressing it I realised it wasn't! I then found the settings for the door locks etc, so I need to go through those too.

I do have one complaint though and that is I'm not finding the seats very comfortable and they are making my back ache. It's kind of ironic seeing that it's the missus with the bad back but she said they're fine for her! I've never had this with any other car in 19 years of driving but a 10 minute journey makes my middle to lower back ache.

We went on a road trip over the weekend and I was sitting in the car for 4 hours, both as a passenger and driver. I took a half moon shaped cushion with me to put behind my back and it didn't ache at all so I need to get a proper lumbar cushion. I admit I am a sloucher both on the sofa at home and my office chair at work so it could be the seats are making me sit in a more natural position, which is causing the ache.

On the positive side I manually worked out the mpg after our road trip, which was mainly motorway and A roads and it did 49.3mpg, the computer was reading 51-52, so it's not that far out. The road trip was to collect a genuine Lexus boot tray and rubber mats, both barely used and in excellent condition, I paid £35! :biggrin:

Glad you're enjoying it [emoji4]

I found my CT to be the most comfortable car I've owned recently (leather). I never want to get out haha. I'm 6'4" and there is plenty of room. I suffer with my back (sciatica) and the CT certainly helps me.

Good price for the mats and tray [emoji106]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I found the seats in the CT to be really comfy (6'2") but only after some playing around and experimenting. The lower driving position threw me at first and I had the back of the seat too vertical leaving me with the heat restraint digging in and not enough lower back support. Once I learned to bring the base forward a notch (so I could still reach the wheel) and put the back slightly less upright it was much better. I've since done 500+ miles in two days and had no aches after.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

just bought one last night in white. Full LExus history from car giant in west london. I love Lexus and didnt take into account the bad reviews on the net. Suits me down to a T. Love it. Got all the trimmings too. When buying make sure you get the flip out sta nav if you at looking for one. The "advance" models comes with the ****y built-in tom tom sat nav. And not as nice to use as the normal ones.

• Like 1

I think I am getting used to them, I'm still using a cushion on long journeys but shorter ones aren't too bad. The missus has adjusted the drivers seat to her liking and I've been told I can only move it back and forwards now! Maybe we should've got one with memory seats!

Agreed about the Advance sat nav, it put me right off and looks like it's been stuck on as an afterthought! 

Also to add, we had 5 people in the car last month and 3 in the back is a right squeeze but we were dropping someone off down the road so it wasn't for long. We had to go down a steep slope and something underneath scraped on the ground, it looks like it was a brace bar, which is the lowest thing under the car. It did it again with just 2 people in the rear so we'll have to be careful of that!

just bought one last night in white. Full LExus history from car giant in west london. I love Lexus and didnt take into account the bad reviews on the net. Suits me down to a T. Love it. Got all the trimmings too. When buying make sure you get the flip out sta nav if you at looking for one. The "advance" models comes with the ****y built-in tom tom sat nav. And not as nice to use as the normal ones.

Is yours the Pearlescent Artic White?

Mines this colour and I love it and also the flip up Sat Nav.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk