Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is something wrong with loc????!

Change was due to progression of the software. We cannot run with old software and run the risk of security.

The only parts I see that are different in the way the forum flows is the top Navigation.

1. Latest Posts Button (looking to add a new button next week)
2. The top section now says Browse instead of forums, Clicking Browse will do the same thing as the old forums link. It will take you back to the menu.
3. The latest Activity stream encompasses everything about the community. But if you want just a list of latest threads then bookmark this link
http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/discover/7/

If you want a link top right of your forums to say "Latest Posts" and it display only topics like before then you can do so by this guide: 

However, Next week I will try and put a new button in.

As for that, The flow is exactly the same, it just looks slightly different.

We cannot go back to the old theme, This software is up to date. The current theme is completely out of the box, apart from colours and logo. 

There are many new updates with the new version, one is the movie side of the site is now much better than before. 

Please stick with it guys. We are trying our best to get it smoothed out.

Thanks

• Like 1

Do we have to have all of the car adverts on the right and why on earth post every post as a post rather than as before under the topic(subject ) heading?

The entire page with latest posts on the left, with repeated text of the same latest posts on the right along with the car adverts, just gives me a headache!

I saw no sign of an announcement re the intention to introduce a new layout and no effort seems to have been made to consult members.

Not a good performance in my view. A, D- Smithers!

And you have dropped our own vehicles from our member details, a D- -  COMES TO MIND !! 

Regards

John

Edited by royoftherovers
I omitted to include my comment about dropping our own vehicles.

16 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Do we have to have all of the car adverts on the right and why on earth post every post as a post rather than as before under the topic(subject ) heading?

The entire page with latest posts on the left, with repeated text of the same latest posts on the right along with the car adverts, just gives me a headache!

I saw no sign of an announcement re the intention to introduce a new layout and no effort seems to have been made to consult members.

Not a good performance in my view. A, D- Smithers!

And you have dropped our own vehicles from our member details, a D- -  COMES TO MIND !! 

Regards

John

John.. Nothing is dropped. merely needs re-adding back. It was a custom field before and I am looking to fix now.

Also, I am not gonna get in to a debate about the layout, or listen to someone who is getting shirty with us. Constructive comments are what I am looking for here. We don't have to consult members, that would be too much work deciding who wants what and a huge debate. It is what it is and it wouldn't change a thing, the forum got updated purely to keep it safe and secure for everyone to enjoy. it's a forum which also is in a vanilla format state, meaning I have not made massive alterations. So this means  I can tinker with things to make things easier from the feedback i am seeing.

• Like 2

There seems to be an issue with the cars not appearing. It seems the conversion did not transfer them over. I will get the data transferred monday.

In the meantime you can add your car again it will appear. Again should be fixed early next week

Steve,

Thank you for getting me back into the forum after the update/rebuild. I was going to message you, to say thanks, but you don't have a message link on your monniker.

It was quite strange being told 'You are banned' when trying to log back in!!

I guess with any update/rebuild of a site there are going to be changes. They don't seem too radical from what I've seen so far. In fairness post reply numbers are quite useful if you want to point someone to a particular note.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links