Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

eBay Wheels

MJG

Refurbished some cheap wheels I got off eBay, can’t believe how shiny the lips have come up! Somehow they were listed as Toyota Picnic wheels.. I could clearly tell they were not OEM wheels however they do say made in Japan on the back which is a plus :) They are also half an inch wider than my stock wheels

I primed, painted and lacquered them within 3hrs, curing the paint layers with a heat gun because it's been so cold. To polish the wheels I put them on the rear of the car while it was jacked up and on stands. Then with the car in 2nd gear the wheels would be spinning which made it fairly easy to sand the paint off the lips and shine them up

These are gonna look sweet on the IS, just need to get some fresh tyres on them first on Monday.

Before:

tumblr_o1fitdZzok1rp8g93o1_1280.jpg

Respray+Polished: Center cover not on in the picture but have TRD centre caps on them as I couldn't find any listings for Lexus centre stickers also the lips look way more shiny in real life

tumblr_o1fitdZzok1rp8g93o3_1280.jpg

Yeah thanks man, I got them on the car today. Loving the smooth ride, car had all odd tyres on before. Looks great too always wanted some polished lip wheels

Got them on the car on monday, because of the lower offset the front wheels tread poked outside the arches slightly but I used a fender rolled and tucked the lips and pulled the front arches out flush with the wheels. Still got a nice bit of arch gap but hopefully will get that sorted in next couple months.

Haven't got any pic of them on the car yet, need to give the car and wheels a good clean first.

They do look great though, I can always see the polished lip shining at night when walking over to the car 

Never considered using the car as a lathe before, I may get some blocks of wood to stick on the hubs and make some fruit bowls :biggrin:

My next door neighbour had a Toyota Picnic, a JDM people carrier variant I think, not as funny as the Mazda Bongo or Nissan Cedric though.

On 31/01/2016 at 11:27 PM, TigerFish said:

Any pics of them fitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Gave the car a lil wash off earlier so I could get a pic of the wheels on:

tumblr_o1xlrhznz81rp8g93o1_1280.jpg

Thanks Mikey, It's probably because I've got quite a high sidewall but keeps the ride smooth on bumpy country roads.

I rate these Federal Formoza AZ01 tyres, decent price and lots of grip in the wet

The car certainly sounds "meaty" with the exhaust that pops and bangs aha

Heres a pic in better lighting from today:

tumblr_o1zaoeCZIP1rp8g93o1_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2016 at 10:48 PM, andyk134 said:

Still not a fan of the arch gap on standard cars, I do feel it spoils the look especially at the back. But it does  make it look different with the wheels which is good.

Cheers, Ive got some apex lowered springs on lexus sport struts just need to get new bushings on them.  

Would you know where I could find rubber bushes for the bottom of the shocks? Or where to get part numbers or see exploded diagram labeling the part numbers?

Thanks

DSC00970.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links