Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 Corrosion on sills

RicciB

My wife' IS200 Sport is brilliant but the paintwork on both sills has started to bubble with one area rusty and perforated. Lexus suggest that it has been jacked up incorrectly but are looking into it as the car is just within the corrosion warranty period. I have seen something similar on a couple of other IS200s. Is this a common issue and something that Lexus are likely to address?

hi I wouldn't say it's a common problem,haven't got any on mine yet,but do remember these cars are now anything between 10 and 18 years old so will eventually begin to show rust

The corrosion I've read about - and which my IS had - is at the rear end of the sill by the rear wheelarch. There was an earlier thread here:

Sill corrosion

If Lexus suspect damage from jacking, that implies it's elsewhere on the sill. Is the Lexus anti-corrosion warranty 12 years then? That would be quite something if they pay to repair it, but that's perhaps that's why they mention incorrect jacking!