Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

You may have seen in a previous post that I was considering an FSport IS250. I have now completed the purchase.

Just a couple of questions about the car.

1. When I start driving after I get in, the car auto locks by itself. When I stop and turn off the car, would I expect the doors to unlock rather than waiting for me to unlock all doors?

2. How to the parking sensors work? I was expecting to hear beeping as I got closer to the car behind but I did not hear anything. I seen a red line on the camera but that was it

on mine the car unlocks when you put it back in Park. My parking sensors beep but I dont have the camers. A didtance indication appears in the display between the dials (the one with outside temp, average MPG etc.)

I have the camera and parking sensors and can confirm the sensors beep while the camera is on. You can turn parking sensors on/off using these buttons to access a menu in the instrument cluster:

56a61ac1ce9f9_IS250buttons.thumb.jpg.bec

If your parking sensors are on you should see this icon displayed all the time:

56a61ac23cf96_IS250sensors.jpg.fc094e320

In that case I dont see the P on the dash instrument so I will have a play on the way home...

The car definitely does not unlock when I put it into park.... Is that what is meant to happen? Currently I have to unlock all doors from the little button next to my windows up/down switches

5 minutes ago, ashyk36 said:

In that case I dont see the P on the dash instrument so I will have a play on the way home...

The car definitely does not unlock when I put it into park.... Is that what is meant to happen? Currently I have to unlock all doors from the little button next to my windows up/down switches

I would guess your sensors are switched off then. Let me know if you get them switched on OK...

Mine doesn't lock/unlock at all on its own - I have to do it via the button if I want to do that. If I recall correctly though, according to the manual you can have the dealer program this for you to your personal preference so I'd have thought the last owner had that done in your case.

You can change how the door lock functions operate by yourself if you play with the settings on the navigation system. Go to Setup>Vehicle and you should find them there.

Presumably you also have front parking sensors (like I do). In that case, with Parking Assist turned on, these should also make a sound when you're in close proximity to something, Although these only seem to be triggered when it's the corner of the vehicle that's in danger of hitting something, so don't rely on hearing a beep when edging directly up against another vehicle.

Congrats on the purchase. :yes:

13 minutes ago, Kodiak Sky said:

You can change how the door lock functions operate by yourself if you play with the settings on the navigation system. Go to Setup>Vehicle and you should find them there.

Presumably you also have front parking sensors (like I do). In that case, with Parking Assist turned on, these should also make a sound when you're in close proximity to something, Although these only seem to be triggered when it's the corner of the vehicle that's in danger of hitting something, so don't rely on hearing a beep when edging directly up against another vehicle.

Congrats on the purchase. :yes:

Need to have a look at this on my nav screen. Pretty sure I haven't seen it. Unless it's only available on the facelift?

Whoops! Just checked mine and you're right, James. The option isn't actually there.:blush:

My car doesn't auto-lock so I was relying on what I had seen in a youtube video - by an American uploader, so maybe that's the difference.

16 hours ago, Kodiak Sky said:

Whoops! Just checked mine and you're right, James. The option isn't actually there.:blush:

My car doesn't auto-lock so I was relying on what I had seen in a youtube video - by an American uploader, so maybe that's the difference.

That's OK thought I would have seen that! :smile:

Hi all,

My 2010 IS250 F sport auto locks when I drive approx 16mph, it stays locked until i put the gearknob from D to P. Once i put it into P, the car auto unlocks itself.

Regards to the parking sensor beeping, check what jamesm182 advised above.

I think the locking/unlocking might be a setting you need to go to the dealer for, have a look at this: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/IS_LPS.pdf

Is your IS250 a manual or auto?

On my car, i have set the doors to lock when i start driving, and to unlock when the car is off and i open my door (you can program with keyfob)

Sensors can be turned on/off with the buttons as shown above, but audible beep is set through Sat Nav screen - settings Lexus parking assist.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

So I have got the parking sensors working.

The unlocking is still annoying me! I have to unlock all doors from drivers side all the time. Is the only way to get this sorted to go to the dealer?

On 25/01/2016 at 0:54 PM, jamesm182 said:

I have the camera and parking sensors and can confirm the sensors beep while the camera is on. You can turn parking sensors on/off using these buttons to access a menu in the instrument cluster:

56a61ac1ce9f9_IS250buttons.thumb.jpg.bec

If your parking sensors are on you should see this icon displayed all the time:

56a61ac23cf96_IS250sensors.jpg.fc094e320

Not related to parking, but you have kept the interior nice and clean :)

11 hours ago, jayt13 said:

Not related to parking, but you have kept the interior nice and clean :)

Thanks Jay, I do my best to look after it! I hate sitting in an unclean interior - probably being a little OCD :biggrin:

12 hours ago, ashyk36 said:

So I have got the parking sensors working.

The unlocking is still annoying me! I have to unlock all doors from drivers side all the time. Is the only way to get this sorted to go to the dealer?

Yes I think you will need the dealer to sort it on the IS250 but at least you can sort it :smile: