Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine misfire, very bad while cold

Rem Zuk

Bluesman, yes, I did get rid of car (very sadly)... But today thegre4tone asked about the issues I had as he has similar ones... I believe that is why we have all the threads- to see if anyone had similar problems with our vehicles and what have they done to solve them (or at least what was the issue having certain symptoms...).

With all respect,

Rem

6 minutes ago, Rem Zuk said:

Bluesman, yes, I did get rid of car (very sadly)... But today thegre4tone asked about the issues I had as he has similar ones... I believe that is why we have all the threads- to see if anyone had similar problems with our vehicles and what have they done to solve them (or at least what was the issue having certain symptoms...).

With all respect,

Rem

Ignore all the LPG rubbish that some people write on here. If you are getting the same fault on both Petrol and LPG then what ever the fault is its common to both fuels.

Mike.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2016 at 6:53 PM, Bluesman said:

I wondered how long it would be before you gave an answer without any evidence what so ever as to the condition of the engine before the LPG was installed and how the engine was treated during the time before LPG was installed. Complete rubbish. Don't take any notice.

I wonder how long you going to defend LPG as "never an issue" and mislead people to look for issues where they are unfounded. Fact is that 90k and 126k are very low miles for the engine and your point of pre-conditions is baseless. Maybe on 300k Petrol +100k on LPG engine it would make sense.

My point - 90k for lexus/toyota engines are non-issue, but poorly installed LPG can hurt it in as few as 36k miles. LPG - little gain, huge gamble and risk - nothing else.

I am not claiming LPG cannot be done right, but times and times again in reality it is rare and more often then not is bad for engines.

On 6/16/2016 at 10:13 PM, Bluesman said:

Ignore all the LPG rubbish that some people write on here. If you are getting the same fault on both Petrol and LPG then what ever the fault is its common to both fuels.

Mike.

Again this is just statement out of ignorance nothing else. If same cars on petrol are running for 200-300k miles and more without issues, how can you say that LPG conversion has nothing to do with engine which is failing on barely half the miles?

I can pin-point where is you problem - you assume (without any reason) that all LPG conversions are done by qualified professionals at ProfGas for £1200 (or whatever other company you are recommending) and that who ever are the owners are generally maintaining car very well.

My simply logic tells me that it is unlikely that somebody would spend £1200 for LPG conversion and another £800 on proper annual service for the cars which are worth maybe £1500 and which are already in poor condition. Unlikely... 

I do appreciate you take your car and your LPG with pride and can show good example of how car should be cared for and how LPG should have been installed to become an upgrade. But not all cars are the same especially with LPG conversions..