Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300 SPORTS CROSS

2001 FSH (main dealer)

MILLAGE 74K

Hello all at club lexus. I wonder if any one can give any advise;

I have had the car for a couple years and like it very much. just of late we have had a problem, twice now, when we engage drive the drive doesn`t engage and get a low pitch noise. not dissimilar to those plastic strips kids put in their biycle wheels when going fast! we have a fiddle about with the reverse and drive for a few minutes and then seems work fine again as if nothings happened and no problems with the rest of the driving exsperience.  The auto box level is good and is a  red. but no perfectly clear, no evidence of paticulates. the driveway is on level ground. The last thing to mention and maybe nothing to do with the box but also starting off, typically in the morning the car emmits a very low pitched groan/spring noise, again,it happens a couple of times in a month or there abouts.

Any help much appreciated and thanks in advance

Even though the fluid looks OK it may be worth replacing it, does it smell burnt?

Another known problem is sticking shift solenoids,they can get gummed up and either stick or are slow to move, as the transmission warms up they tend to then free off. They can be bought as a set and are replaced by removing the sump so no need to remove the transmission.

• Like 1