Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh god, what have they done to the forums?

Gruntfuggly

5 minutes ago, Gruntfuggly said:

Is there any way to revert to the old style?

Why do I have to keep clicking a button to 'load more activity'...

Glad you reminded me.

The need to keep clicking the "more activity" button is the worst thing about the new layout.

I find it hard to believe that it's working as it should?

Fortunately I've found the button which takes me straight to the latest posts, but while thanking the mods/webmaster for providing the forum, I do prefer the old style, and if still available, would use it

Meant to say, completely out of the blue, and without any action from me, after several months of no email notifications of new posts, or likes, I'm now getting mails for both.

I can't 'like' a comment anymore, just get a message 'you cant add a reputation to this user'. And sometimes get a pop up 'do you want to leave this page' when I'm just navigating through the forum.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevet said:

I can't 'like' a comment anymore, just get a message 'you cant add a reputation to this user'. And sometimes get a pop up 'do you want to leave this page' when I'm just navigating through the forum.

The like button is on the right hand side. Mike.

• Like 1

Ok, it's been a while since the change, so I'm assuming that this is the finished article now?

I'd like to ask that whoever twiddles the knobs consider a couple of changes, please.

Firstly, as mentioned above, the load more activity feature is awful, particularly the fact that you have to select it after reading each thread.

Much more user friendly would be, if possible, to have pages of content, so you could select a page and scroll through all the threads on that page, in the normal way.

As it stands, I believe most people won't bother pressing the more activity button, and will just read the small number of threads displayed on the opening page, which in turn will reduce site traffic, and result in a lot of content not being seen by all interested parties.

Secondly, it would be nice to be able to select a page directly on longer threads, rather than having to open the thread on page 1, then navigate to a later page.

The latter point is less important on a decent connection, but on a slow connection, like the caravan club wifi I was using yesterday, both of the above are enough to make you log off and try somewhere else.

• Like 1

The nearest thing I can find to return to the old style is to bookmark an individual forum, e.g

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum/50-lexus-is200-lexus-is300-club/

This takes you straight to the IS200/IS300 forum displayed with good old fashioned pages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gruntfuggly said:

The nearest thing I can find to return to the old style is to bookmark an individual forum, e.g

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum/50-lexus-is200-lexus-is300-club/

This takes you straight to the IS200/IS300 forum displayed with good old fashioned pages.

Aye, that's much better....far more user friendly.

Have to admit I always enter the site via my saved link into the 250 section. Then navigate elsewhere if i desire.

Apart from being 'banned' when I first logged in (could not get in for 2 weeks....weird!!!!) I have found all to be fine in all honesty.

Perhaps I'd best not venture in at the front end then!!

Another little snag.

When I go from page one to page two, on a multi page thread, the page is blank, then opens fine when refreshed.

I'm using google chrome on windows10, everything up to date.

Like the previous snag, it's only a minor irritation, unless you're on a slow connection.

6 minutes ago, stevet said:

One thing that bugs me is the big ad right at the top covering half of the beautiful Lexus picture.

Advertising has ruined the internet, for me.

Especially those sneaky little links, that are designed to look like you're just moving on to the next page, or picture.

I used to run that adblock thing, but gradually found my pc getting slower and slower, to the point where it was quicker to allow the ads and just try to ignore them.

Anyway, rather spookily, I just went from page1 to page2 on a thread, and it loaded fine, without the need to refresh.

1 hour ago, stevet said:

One thing that bugs me is the big ad right at the top covering half of the beautiful Lexus picture.

You can get rid of that by clicking on the X at the top right hand side of the advert. Mike.

45 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

You can get rid of that by clicking on the X at the top right hand side of the advert. Mike.

Might be different on my browser but the top right just has an 'ad choices' link and doesn't get rid of it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links