Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h camera / satnav retrofit

Hi folks,

Just joined today and looking for some advice. 

As per the title, I know it was an option when new, and would really prefer the OEM option than something to clip on to a mirror or sit in a cradle.

So, is it possible to retrofit? I'm assuming the original parts are discontinued. I don't want to source the parts only to find it can't be done. Has anyone attempted this?

I don't know what parts and part numbers are needed, so if anyone can assist I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Phil. Can you confirm what model and year your RX is, your profile suggests an RX450h but that is contradicted by the year 2005.

Either way, a series II or series III RX would be very expensive to retro fit the nav system. You can obtain most, if not all, of the parts still from Lexus but that would cost more than just selling the vehicle and purchasing one with Nav. Even if you can find all the parts on eBay or at a breakers I'm not sure all the wiring will be in place.

• 2 months later...

if it's 2005 then it's a RX400h which is good news as there are more of them in breakers yards. But you will be replacing the heating/nav and audio sysytem as it's all done from the same box. I've seen the whole system listed for around a grand before, it was on eBay, might be worth checking if it's still listed.

There is a complete installation guide available on the Toyota site (attached) which will give you an idea of what's involved to install the entertainment system so you would have to add the camera to that.....

LexusRX400DVDinstallation.pdf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links