Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back in the Game

After a gap of over 10 years and for a very modest price I'm now back in the IS200 Sport game. On the test drive it was just as I remember with all senses suitably stimulated. Sounds great, looks great (even smelt good but I think I might have imagined that) and much better than the Vauxhall company cars I have had that's for sure.  Thanks to all on here for the posts I have been reading to help me know what to look for. Fingers crossed but with full service history and only 70k miles its going to serve me well.  I did consider a lease plan on a new IS300 but £'s per smile I recon this one is going to be much better value.  What could possibly go wrong?:wacko:  I'm looking forward to posting with you all when something inevitably will on a car of this age.

Looking forward to some enjoyable motoring, Cheers Glynn

V__C88F.jpg

V__CAD7.jpg

V__0491(1).jpg

V__0376.jpg

• Like 1

Red Lexus IS? It'll never catch on!

FSH and 70k is good for a 51 plate, but I'm guessing from the painted calipers and wheels, the last owner wasn't the archetypal little old lady?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gdh300 said:

Red Lexus IS? It'll never catch on!

FSH and 70k is good for a 51 plate, but I'm guessing from the painted calipers and wheels, the last owner wasn't the archetypal little old lady?

More select surely gbh300 although I wouldn't normally consider red myself but its mint inside and out and I was sold on the overall look.  The wheels and tyres are brand new on all four corners with the original silver ones showing the signs of usual wear / grot and were replaced for the sale. The spare however is the original and never been out the boot so not sure what that tells me.  Being of a certain age myself I might tone down the calipers though!  Does it show an owner that was proud of the look they liked, who spent hours taking care of the car or some spotty boy racer? Not sure but as they were clearly painted off the car I guess when the disks were replaced I'm choosing to believe the former. Mind you I'm not indenting to just potter around myself.   

Red wasn't my first choice either (despite my affiliations) but it's nice to drive something that you can find in the car park. And when it's clean, it look quality. 

2 minutes ago, rincewind said:

Glynn,

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say your first car was a Cortina 1600E.  So was mine - I'm also of a certain age.

Paul

Hi Paul, Close, first car was a Mk 2 Cortina but not a 1600e although that is the link as I am restoring a blue mink 1967 1600e.  I say restoring.....not much work being done on it lately. No rush though its been in the family for 45 years.

Good man.  I have fond memories of mine, even though I ended up replacing just about all the major components over my 6 year ownership from about 1978 onwards.  They are easy to work on though - I had engine removal down to less than half an hour :-)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links