Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looks like im coming back for a fourth time.

After a pair of GS300s and LS400 DHP, im starting to hanker after another one.

I went down the German route and had a play with a Mercedes 500SL. I would quite happily still have it but my old TR7V8 that i built and sold back in 02 came up for grabs so it had to return. Madness. Selling a Merc for a ricketty old Triumph with a leaky Roof, keep fit windows and bits that fall off. Listening to that V8 though with TVR style sleeved Exhausts makes up for all its idiosyncrasies.

Anyway, the TR is going nowhere. I really fancy a Chimaera but im the wrong side of 50 now and its hard enough fixing the TR every week so a Chim isnt really going to happen. Its an SC i fancy. Rare, ugly, underated, V8, rear wheel drive, convertible. It ticks all the boxes. LPG conversion and im happy.

Any colour bar Siver.

Watch this space.

• 3 weeks later...

Found an SC that ticks all the boxes. Needs a bit of TLC which is fine but once again, the insurance companies are holding me to ransom.

Never claimed, No accidents or convictions and the wong side of Fifty but still getting Stellar quotes. Ok, I cant use my no claims because its on another vehicle but why so expensive???

With some of the quotes, i would expect a Chauffeur thrown in and Kylie Minogues phone Number.