Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

eml light then o2 then trax

amateur

Hi guys.new to here and my first lexus. Bought lexus on the way back the fuel light came on then eml. Had a look and the throttle body was buggered.vibratiing and not fully opening. Changed then light went off. But still have a keen ear and thought something not right. Light came back on. O2 sensor flagged on diagnostic. My theory was coils. Think I may have 2 dodgy ones. (Took them out while engine running. No change on 1&6cylinder) this was last night and today the traction control blips off and on.  Am I right in thinking these symptoms are down to the coils throwing everything off and setting off sensors. 

Havent changed the pens yet. After no replies im going to assume im right as always and source some coils then fingers crossed all should be rosie.drives fine. lil juggy through gear changes when cold. so im assuming one or two coils is to blame. 

because the fuel gauge had a lead weight and all the symptoms wouldnt flag up because of o2 sensor. Turns out i was correct. 1and 6 needed new coil pens, perhaps i should change my name to knowitall. car is running sweet and like new. o2 sensors are there to tell you the enginge isnt running right and its picking up abnormal emission readings. keep reading on here the o2 sensors could make the engine play up....to a certain degree (1) thats possible with mods. but on stock they can suck out because it simply isn't true. I'm sure the people that have replaced 6 o2 sensors and still have problems would agree.or they can keep forking out for sensors that will eventulaly tell you the same thing as the old one did.

i can do anything with a hammer and chainsaw me.

There was just too many things going wrong and the o2 sensors wouldnt be the cause but would flag up due to something else. process of elimination but backwards.

Most interesting, just had 02 sensor B1/S2 changed on mine as EML light came on but still not happy with way that engine seems to "back off" when foot off accelerator...

On Wednesday, February 03, 2016 at 11:50 AM, amateur said:

Check the plugs. If your happy leave coils bolts outs. Start engine. Pull out one at a time listening to changes in the engine (lift 1 at a time then push back down. ) If tthere's no change in sound then check that coil for cracks burns anything weird. Test with tester. Tighten all coils back up. Leave battery unclipped.just negative will do for 20 minutes .recommend an hour just to be sure. Do battery back up. This will reset ecu and should help. 

Is200 btw SymPtems 

On Wednesday, February 03, 2016 at 11:50 AM, amateur said:

If coils and plugs have been checked previous just do the battery job. Clearing the codes after works been done doesnt always mean the car runs in sync after. Resetting ecu seems to do it for me. hope this helps. I have a new problem now. Drove through flooding now have heavy steering on start up and high pitched squeel from guessingthe Bbelts. Guna check all pulleys and check tension. One thing after the other but one thing is for sure. The problems I've had. .. If it was on any other car it would be un drivable. Old not obsolete comes to mind. 

Is200 btw SymPtems 

• 1 month later...

Seems everything on mine needed a tweak.one problem leading to the next.let me try and list the problems.and this is genuine.feels like a brand new motor now.stay with me....

My power steering pump wheel was wobbly. So thought it was just wheel but noticed the whole thing moving in and out of housing.so basically need a new pump. Here's the thing. Because the wheel was wobbly. The steering belt was slacking my other  belt on alternator, because there wasnt equal tension from the belts on the cam pulley.the little give in the pulley rubbers and belts would mean they wouldnt run in uniform.didn't think it would but it was doing it regularly.im nearly confusing myself but if you understand then the next cause was because the alternator belt would get tight and loose tight and loose the coils were not getting enough power.this at steady speeds would cause the eml light to come on because of the o2 sensors picking up the unburnt fuel because of the coils not firing properly at low steady sensible speeds due to the alternator playing up because of the faulty power steering pump on the other side.

Simple engineering in the is200 but needs to be running in complete sync and harmony to get it to keep that luxury drive. Still thinking about buying another one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links