Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

fitting a USB port in lexus is250 2007 2008 2009

thanks

no there is no way to retrofit USB port since the sat nav needs the required firmware to support it. we have ruled this out.

What I am trying to undertake is two things

1. on 2010 where does this USB cable connect to.

2. on 2009 can I use this cable to make it work with aux. the USB will be dummy. I am thinking of hacking in and using it only to power phone. that's all. not sure anyone can answer this. 

Well... it's just coming down to that now toffee. Yes I can get a 2 pound ciggrate lighter charger with flush fascia... Am thinking about it now.

But there is an itch that says to upgrade the sat nav. But for that I want to confirm i have the right harnessing in the car. Also waiting for the seller to reply with my price. If he doesnt then i wont bother. But if he does then I need to be sure it's all worth the exercise. 

The other side of brain says to get the USB cable and fit it for OE look. Get a 1 pound charger and hack it for 12-5v power. But if aux connector won't mate then it's just not worth it.

Doesn't the HDD Sav Nav also have a better screen and full postcode search?

Although I agree with Eric that it is not really worth the effort at this point.  You need someone who has the updated one to come to you and agree to try a swap :smile:

look at that mess :D

What about the itch to have an upgraded sat nav that takes usb for true 7.1 channel vs ipod 2 channel aux input. :) 

flush fascia charger 

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Dual-USB-Twin-Port-12V-Universal-In-Car-Lighter-Socket-Charger-Adapter-plug-/252104989668?

2 minutes ago, jackcramerr said:

Shahpor 

Funny I don't even use sat nav. I prefer Google maps. :w00t:

Well then, you are going a long way for just usb :smile:

I admit that the build in sat nav leaves a lot to be desired, but it is still convenient to use at times. 

• Like 1

why cant people enter post codes, do they not know how to use it? under town you can enter a post code. After the first number of the second part of the post code it will ask for street and house number.

Takes less than a minute, and with TMC the road works and detours is quite good.

It's dated everyday. Doesn't know Edinburgh bridge was closed. that's a major disadvantage if you think about it. You reach endinburgh only to find out you had to go through Glasgow. :whistling1: Mines dated since 2009, I think. 

Full post code searches are more accurate and quicker.  What I don't understand is why they weren't implemented in the IS's to start with?

As for the navigation itself, I agree it is fine in a lot of situations, but have you tried it around London?  Useless.  I tested it by setting a route I already knew and it took me on the most ridiculous, roundabout route it could find.

Having said that, I would still use it to find somewhere I don't know since I prefer built in systems to handheld devices. 

Hehe, I know what you mean. :smile:  Try living here and you will see what driving pain is really about.

I agree that most car's sat nav's would suffer here, but Google Maps actually does a pretty good job of it.

Tried  using sat nav  from Plymouth to essex but gave up, used my own brain sat nav, :yahoo:as been to Cornwall before, around London don't really need it as I'm a London taxi driver,sat nav around London is useless,too many buildings. Not too concerned about USB or auxiliary connection, had it on my is220d, didn't use it in 2yrs, but did want Bluetooth. If I go outside London prefer tomtom, it's much easier @ quicker to use.

we gave concluded we cannot retrofit USB.

Why did jack want USB?  A) transfer over aux cable is 2 channel. not 2.1 or 5.1 or 7.1 b) Why does one need 2.1 or 5.1? Well some people's ears and brain got more developed than the others so they notice it a lot. c) For me aux is fine why then bother?  good for you. d)no really why need USB ? I just thought I can retrofit it easily and get an easy upgrade. Just wanted it for no reason.

Try this... get a 5.1 or 7.1 movie dvd. play it. then play the same scene over YouTube via aux. 

:) Let me know if you don't notice anything.

I don't know about ML but for instance bose audio in my other car transfers raw data to amp then amp does signal processing. the reason I think they did that to eliminate any loss or noise due to cabling. Thought it might apply here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links