Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

All Wheel Drive LS460 Se-L

riskegp

I'm collecting my 09 Plate 460 Se-L next week and it has the All Wheel Drive AWD system and I'm finding it difficult to get information, anyone out there with any experience tips/tricks on the AWD system?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

I cant help with your present queries but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

hi and welcome ..  there was a very little something on the forum somewhere quite recently, well maybe end of last year, on the AWD Ls460 concept and it is so rare here in the UK that you might actually be the very only one owner of such a car in the UK

Malc

• 2 weeks later...
On 6 February 2016 at 3:14 PM, riskegp said:

Malc,

Thanks for the info. I have searched the transmission forum and cant find anything will have a look at other forums.

Regards

Derek

image.thumb.jpeg.e80ec7270b149819c03033e

Well now I'm stumped I have been all the way through the manual (no mean task itself) and no mention of the All Wheel Drive feature, the only indication is the AWD badge on the bottom right corner of the boot.

There isn't too much to say about it. It's there, you don't have to do anything. Even in the press release Lexus didn't talk about it too much:

Posted on 20 August 2008

WORLD PREMIERE OF THE LEXUS LS 460 ALL-WHEEL DRIVE AT THE 2008 MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW

On 26 August, the new LS 460 All-Wheel Drive will make its world premiere at this year’s Moscow International Motor Show.

The LS 460’s outstanding performance, sure-footed dynamic abilities and advanced active safety systems have been further strengthened by the addition of permanent all-wheel drive.

The all-wheel drive system is a three differential configuration featuring a highly compact TORSEN® Limited Slip Differential (LSD) – shared with the LS 600h – which distributes drive torque between the front and rear axles with a 40:60 rear axle bias in torque distribution.

The LS 460 AWD will go on sale in the UK from early 2009.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

There isn't too much to say about it. It's there, you don't have to do anything. Even in the press release Lexus didn't talk about it too much:

Posted on 20 August 2008

WORLD PREMIERE OF THE LEXUS LS 460 ALL-WHEEL DRIVE AT THE 2008 MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW

On 26 August, the new LS 460 All-Wheel Drive will make its world premiere at this year’s Moscow International Motor Show.

The LS 460’s outstanding performance, sure-footed dynamic abilities and advanced active safety systems have been further strengthened by the addition of permanent all-wheel drive.

The all-wheel drive system is a three differential configuration featuring a highly compact TORSEN® Limited Slip Differential (LSD) – shared with the LS 600h – which distributes drive torque between the front and rear axles with a 40:60 rear axle bias in torque distribution.

The LS 460 AWD will go on sale in the UK from early 2009.

Colin,

Thanks for the info.

Typical understated Lexus information you've got to own one before you find the subtleties.

Derek

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links