Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger

Hi all. So the time has come that I want more from my 200. So I've looked into pre cat deletion, sports cat and resonated exhaust system. But I require power so my only option is turbo or supercharger. I don't like the thought of an rs200 engine plant because I like the flat 6 in all honesty. So who has a charger kit there willing to sell to me? Much love.

Exhaust system change will net you no noticeable gains, you can't chip it and air filters only add noise (in most cases, a cone filter replacing the original air box will lose you power). Force induction is your only real answer - but finding a complete supercharger kit is next to impossible. And if you do, you're looking between £1800 an £2100 for it. Personally, I'd go for a turbo conversion, which will cost similar money (usually a touch more) but get you more power - 240, 250, even 280 is not uncommon for a good turbo conversion on a good engine.

In all honesty I've heard that the turbo conversions are less reliable then charger? I have no problem spending 1500-1800 for a charger kit. It surprises me that no company has built kits for these other then the tte original set up. Also what's the myth behind the unichip piggyback ecu? Is it any good and is it unichip that have to map it or is there a piggyback ecu out there that can be mapped by tuners? 

Cheers 

A very helpful member sent me a complete TTE kit list .pdf  

With this info i was able to source all the parts to Frankenstein myself a supercharger kit for roughly £500 including the black box needed.  

The list basically consists of, M62 or M45 super charger from a Merc. Pully and belts, pipes, intercooler, black box. The hardest part to get is the cradle but through some trial and error you can fabricate one easy enough with some steel tubing or if you have a member living close by with a TTE charger they might let you borrow the cradle to get it copied.  

To be honest £1500 for a TTE charger kit is easy to assemble since it comes with everything needed but if you want to call it your own and save £1000 then start pricing up the parts and build it yourself.  

If you want the DIY list you can download the files from Clicky to my G Drive I have the entire TTE list and set up guide but this is the way i decided to follow. I have the parts ready to go just need to get the car's brakes under control before i start bolting bits to the engine.

• Like 1

Thanks James! I've downloaded your pics and will be very interested to see how it turns out, I'd really like to do the same!

Update: I've now sourced all the parts for the supercharger kit other than the nissan pulley

• 5 months later...

Do you have the part number for the Navara D40 water pump pulley, or at least details of which year, model and engine variant it came from because Nissan are telling that there are many different parts listed.