Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pre cat deletion

Chaos wedge

Yep, you can remove the pre-cats and still pass emissions test with the center cat warmed up. However it is technically an MOT failure to have any cats removed from stock.

Dont bother spending money on swapping the center cat out for a sports one, you won't gain anything other than a tinny sound. If you do get a sports cat it is recommended not to go lower than 200 cell, also cheap cats can break up and then the parts can get sucked back into the engine and seize it.

Not really sure as my car was blowing really badly when I got it at the start of the year. Then after a week or so of driving the welds on the flanges broke apart so I had to replace the exhaust whole system. I did get a used center part with the center cat on eBay for £39 so it would still pass emissions.

On naturally aspirated cars you want to keep some back pressure or you will loose power. I think with a performance header you'll gain some power at high revs, top end but then lose a bit at low revs under 3k.

Don't worry about having check engine lights because you can still mount the sensors where that pre-cats used to be on the manifold.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with Michael, you should be ok when it is warmed up. Mine is Turbo so I have no cats at all now and a "friendly" garage for MOT time but for normally aspirated as he said you can have too much freedom and need to get it right. The exhaust itself is an "airgap" one so a pipe within a pipe, so a decent exhaust will feel a bit better too. I changed my back box before I went turbo and did feel a slightly better pick up.

• Like 1