Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A few pre collection questions!

All being well, by this time next week my new steed will be on the drive (or in the garage to be precise!)

i have been scouring the ISF section of the forum and trying to think of everything I want to know / have sorted before pickup, hope people can help with the below:

Do these cars typically use much oil? I'd like to buy some for top up purposes, what should I be getting? (A web link would be great as I'm not too good on these things!)

when buying a discounted service pack I presume that is just relevant to that specific dealer and not the whole network?

when buying the extended warranty and spreading payment, does this have to just be over 12 months or can it be 24?

Do all cars come with a space saver as standard?

Is it possible to get a more up to date sat nav disc? And how much would the cost be?

i would like to buy some paint chip fill in paint, can the dealer sort this and once again what's the price?

does the dealer sell rubber mats? Cost is so?

how much do replacement carpet mats cost?

is it possible to buy replacement rear 'Lexus' and 'ISF' badges as fancy some gloss black ones? 

Same question on the front grill?

apologies for so many questions and thanks in advance

rich

Not owned mine for long but from what I have read the ISF isn't known for any serious oil consumption. The dealer should be able to supply you with a top upbottle of oil if you need one. 

I believe the service pack is dealer specific. I've had different quotes from 3 different dealers all of which are owned by different groups. 

I was told that the warranty payments were over 12 months. Your car should have a warranty included in the price if its from a main dealer. 

The space saver was present in the two cars I viewed, manual seems to indicate that it is a standard feature. 

I think the later satnav units were hard drive based. Not sure if we can get an updated disc for our dvd based units. 

A standard touch up kit shouldn't be more than £20. I'd suggest looking online if the dealer charges more. 

Rubber mats should be £72 - http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252032711050

Cloth mats are £97.68 - http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/262005144947

Dealer will able to give you a price on replacement badges and a grill. I'm planning on getting mine coated black in either plastidip or cardip. Off to see a detailer in Saddleworth in two weeks time for a training day. Will be getting his thoughts on the best way to black out the badges, grill and the chrome around the windows. 

They don't use any oil.

The Sat Nav disks can be bought off eBay, they are used in most Lexus models. I got a 2013 disk for my ISF and when I sold it :( put it in our 2008 RX.

The mats are the same as in any Mk2 IS, just remember to get them for the Auto model as the Manual versions are different.

The service agreements are dealer specific. We use RRG and can take to car to any of their dealers in the Northwest.

Make sure the alloys are all on the correct wheels as even dealers can get this wrong.

Most of all Enjoy, you lucky get!

Can anybody please advise what torque wrench bit I need for the wheel nuts?  

First plans are to get the car up on axle stand, wheels off and sealed properly and same for the arches and calipers!

Cheers

My advice, most of all check the car! wheels on correctly, The correct specification tyres (speed rating), and the brake condition that's where the big bills will be. Services up to date. this is the 59 plate???, so it should of had the big 60K/6years etc...

Hope it goes well.

After looking at the photos on autorader (its the Lexus woodford car isn't it???) the front wheels are on the wrong sides!! no big deal, but you wonder why they never check them.

4 hours ago, MrW said:

After looking at the photos on autorader (its the Lexus woodford car isn't it???) the front wheels are on the wrong sides!! no big deal, but you wonder why they never check them.

Ah excellent spot tbh I can't tell the difference having not examined in the flesh will have a rant that this is sorted, not confidence inspiring really.

hope the rear ok??

Yes the rears look fine. if you compare the fronts to the rears you'll notice the spokes are the wrong way around. Basically the IS-F has four different wheels. as the rears are bigger than the fronts and they are all handed. They often get put on the wrong side when tyres are changed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrW said:

Enjoy mate, just make sure you give it a good check over before they start it up.........once its started up you'll get distracted.:wink3:

So true! One more sleep to go. 

Gents, I have had one heck of a morning.

came to the stairs and we have been burgled and the Mrs S3 is gone. I **** you not. Crime scheme investigation been in and got some footprints etc. Not sure how wise it would be to say much more on a public forum at this stage.

smashed the back door in nicked both sets of keys wallets purses laptop etc and fooked off.

Have explained to Woodford Based on this I can't proceed right now. They were very good about it to be fair.

Need Wait and see if the Audi is recovered before reconsidering things and whether we now need 2 new cars or not.

Right now glad we are both safe and slept through the whole thing #desperate times...

Very sorry to hear this. S3s in particular do seem to attract thieves.  

Cars are replaceable and the main thing is you and your family are ok although  a burglary is a horrible thing to experience. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links