Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h wipers stopping short / early

Has anyone had this problem? I just got my car back from the dealer for it's major service, plus one calliper, plugs, air-con, belt, pulleys, MOT and it's like new. However, there is one problem - the front wipers are stopping early. They cover about 70-75% of the expected arc, but then go back before they complete the full arc. That leaves a pretty sizeable triangle on the driver's right that it doesn't reach.

On the return, they sound like the are also trying to go a bit further than physically possible.

Is this an easy reset/adjustment or do I need to go back to the dealer?

Thanks.

The fix is fairly easy, the wipers were obviously taken off at the stem and put back in the wrong place.

Take off both wiper arms then with them off operate the wipers and let them self stop. Replace the wiper arms and job done.

• Like 1

Geryatrix is right on.

Just saw a similar post on a mechanic forum I frequent and they said the same thing. Remove wiper arms, activate wipers, they will naturally stop at a "parked" preset position, reattach wiper arms.

The thing I REALLY don't understand is how did this occur in the first place?

In order to get out of alignment like this, the wipers would have had to be removed, but WHY?!

I made a half-hearted attempt at removing the arms, but I always break something so went back to the dealer and they quickly fixed it. No idea why this happened, but it's perfect now. Incidentally, I had some Bosch wiper blades fitted at the same time and they are much smoother. Thanks for the replies.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links