Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paint Correction Result

Spending a full day with a full time car detailer who showed me the basics of paint correction was very useful.  Although some professional detailers might consider I achieved what they    call a "reflection polish"  result I did in fact remove all the swirl marks in the top coat after a fairly aggressive initial cut.  I believe certain darker colours help with showing off results after machine polishing such as red and black whereas silver and white for example are colours, in my opinion, which are harder to show pin sharp results.   I'll do another finer cut of the top coat in the spring when it's a little warmer but for now my 9 year old paint on my 460 is looking a lot better from when I purchased it in Oct 2015.  

004 (2).JPG

• Like 3

that looks mint - detailing indeed does make a difference. true about how you cant get the same rich glossy finish on white or silver. on the other hand silver does hide imperfections and dirt better than darker colours.

time now to polish off a couple of those bottles from that well stocked garage lol!