Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 Brake Bolt size list needed.

James Trendall

Hello.  

Well it's time to rip my brakes apart (again) and replace the pistons+slide pins but i have a small problem... When i attempted to replace the discs and pads i rounded off the brake caliper carrier bolts (17mm) and also the brake line nut (Attached to the caliper) I'm about to buy the slider kit and piston+seal kits with new discs but before i use my ultra nifty round bolt remover tool i need to be sure i have the bolts ready to replace them otherwise i'm a little bit stuck.  

So my question is does anyone have a list for the size of bolts i need to buy to replace the two 17mm bolts that hold the carrier in place. Length, thread etc... Also the two bolts that hold the rear hub in place so i can order them ready.  

Bonus points to anyone that can link the parts needed.  

Thanks in advance

James.

Ok so as an update i've found out that the 17mm bolts should be 12mm bolt diameter, JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) 17mm head for the 2 bolts holding the bracket on. The two 14mm that connect caliper to bracket should be 10mm bolt diameter, JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) 14mm head.  

Now i've got that information i've found 12x1.25x(length) JIS bolts for the 17mm ones needed and 10x1.25x(length) JIS bolts for the 14mm.  

Now it's time to get those bolts out once more and double check the length to get a final answer as to what i need to buy and replace.  

Update On the piston sticking. I pulled the caliper up a little and pushed both pads apart. While doing this i heard a click sound. Sort of if you had cracked some plastic/glass since that my brakes have not held on or got stuck but still going to change the seals and pistons to be safe.