Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know this car and its history.

Just under the Lexus title, I thought I saw it say cat D.

I have a 55 reg in the best colours IMO, silver outside and black inside. Everything works, with full service records and cambelt change 2 months ago. I love it but another V8 has come up that I was contemplating .. BMW alpina B10 4.6 but was in two minds about it as the Lexus does a great job and I might end up regretting it !!! Anyway if you are interested let me know and you can come and have a look at my Lexus. Good luck in your search whatever you decide.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Well it is a catD which means it wasn't a total wreck. You have aq dented door that needs replacing and they will want to write it off. Ask the guy what the damage was and if there is any paper work or pictures of the damage that can back the story up. Then take it from there. Mike.

24 minutes ago, Oldboy said:

Just under the Lexus title, I thought I saw it say cat D.

I have a 55 reg in the best colours IMO, silver outside and black inside. Everything works, with full service records and cambelt change 2 months ago. I love it but another V8 has come up that I was contemplating .. BMW alpina B10 4.6 but was in two minds about it as the Lexus does a great job and I might end up regretting it !!! Anyway if you are interested let me know and you can come and have a look at my Lexus. Good luck in your search whatever you decide.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Yes it did Chas, but I suspect that was put there by autotrader, as they check history these days, as opposed to the seller declaring it.

My point was that the seller makes no mention in the actual description, such as when the accident damage was repaired and what was the extent of that damage.

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, that is a bit sneaky by the seller to omit a fundamental fact like that. You have to wonder what else he might omit trying to sell the car. Not a great first impression. It's a mine field out here when looking for a car and you just have to keep your wits about you.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Another point to consider with previously written off cars ( C and D) is that if the car is written off again insurers tend to halve the book value so you could end up with very little.

That's true, and is one reason why, should you wish to risk a c or d write off, you should pay way below book.

The other reason is that they are not an easy sell, and you'll probably need to price them low to move them on.

• Like 1

If it was me I would be looking to keep the car untill the body fell off it, but being a Cat D which doesn't have to be much in the way of damage, the price of Lexus parts and labour will soon add up enough to write off a Lexus LS430. I wouldn't want to spend anymore than £3K to £3.5K and if you get 10 years+ out of it its very cheap luxurious motoring. Mike.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Colin Roberts GS said:

I did he said auto trader put it on so no need. He bought it damaged and had it repaired, very poorly.

That doesn't wash with me I'm afraid.

I agree with Bluesman, should be part of the main ad, not just an easily missed letter d added by autotrader.