Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noise coming from drivers side front wheel

thar

Over the weekend I've noticed a "click" sound coming from the drivers side front wheel when I run over a pot hole or a dip in the road. I'm off the week after next, so plan on taking the car in to be checked out. I bought it from a Lexus dealer last November and I believe it came with a 12 months warranty. Just wondering if this sort if thing would be covered under the warranty? I received no warranty documentation so can't check for myself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you Colin. Well I haven't done anything that would have caused it since I bought it. I'll post back after I've taken it to the dealer.

this is just a stab in the dark

check your tyres and make sure you dont have something hard stuck in the tyre tread

as this can cause a clicking sound every revolution .

Thank you, I'll do that to rule it out, but it's not every revolution, I can literally expect this noise every time I run over a pot hole or the other side of a speed bump, but I have to be going over a certain speed.

Took the car in to Lexus on Wednesday afternoon. The mechanic came out with me and heard the click for himself. Straightaway he found a loose nut on the drivers door which we thought was going to be the culprit, could it be that simple :[ He took the car back to the garage and said he'd check it over. He said it wasn't the nut, but he couldn't find out what was causing the click sound. I have to take it in again in Monday and leave it with them all day. The plot thickens...

It seems my offside front suspension leg needs replacing, that's where the noise was coming from. The dealer is ordering the part and I have to take it back in on Monday. Thank goodness for the warranty!

My nearside strut needed to be replaced last year at about 4 years old 45000 miles because it was leaking( but wasn't noisey). I did it myself and its a really easy and quick job ( which came as somewhat of a surprise). I discovered the problem shortly after it had passed its MOT. I was surprised that Lexus had not spotted it and at least put an advice on it.  I sourced a second hand replacement from a breaker so it wasn't the financial disaster you may have expected. Had the car have had a 5 year warranty it would have been an FOC fix but the warranty on the 2011 car expired in 2014. The offside strut has been as good as gold, no noise, no leak so I guess that there is just the occasional glitch with  front struts.

Mine was 3 years old at the end of January, it turned 12K miles today. Lexus did the MOT FOC and nothing was picked up on that. Fingers crossed that I will have no further need for the warranty after tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the car back in today for further investigation. They offered me a hire car as they said it may be an overnight job. I got a call 3 hours later to say they'd diagnosed the noise as coming from the top mount and this had now been fixed and the car was ready for collection. Can't say how relieved I was. I hope this is the last time I need to take advantage of the warranty.

I picked up a space saver at the weekend. It was from a 2010 Prius which had been used once and the tyre is in very good condition, it cost me £31, so I was very pleased. Thanks to the forum member who pointed out that the Prius wheels were compatible.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links