Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice needed on programming the Satnav etc.

Beau Nidle

Hi.....  Having no end of trouble programming the Satnav system, radio and phone in my 2012 Ct200H SE-L. The car is fitted with the unit that has DAB radio, full Satnav and hands-free Bluetooth phone.

Having several times  "RTFM" I am now completely lost..... the manual covers so many different models and scenarios (and none of them exactly what I want) that I am bamboozled by it all,.   What I am trying to do is:

Phone:  Add just a few speed dial numbers...  you know the sort of thing... home, work, wife's mobile etc.  

Satnav:  I would like to be able to program a postcode into it and have it guide me there with voice commands.  At the moment the only one in the memory is my home (and I know my way home from most places) but I've got a trip to the Peak District coming up and I'll need proper Satnav coverage.  I also need to be able to switch the voice commands back on - all my fiddling with the settings seems to have turned the voice off. 

Radio:  I would like to assign my favourite radio stations to the presets in the DAB - I only listen to 3 or 4 different stations and the ones currently preset are not at all to my taste. The CD is OK - I have mastered that!!!

Now I freely admit my limitations as a bit of a techno-thicko so would be grateful for any practical advice.  If anyone knows of an "idiots guide" I would be pleased if they could point me in the right direction.

Rob

No expert, but I'll start the answers to some of those assuming you have Lexus Audio Display and Navigation. I've a 2013 IS but that has Premium Nav; and a 2016 CT Advance. I don't really know if the facelift has made much difference or how the specs match up.

Phone - I'm really not sure. I use Siri. There is a favourites option if your numbers are connected - you simply bring up the number and fill the star sign (at least, I can do that on my IS and I didn't notice the CT was any different). 

Satnav - There is an option to turn off voice commands via "Setup > Navigation". There is also an option to turn the volume to zero via "Setup > Voice". Make sure you have the former on and the latter at at least two bars. You should also simply be able to direct yourself via "Map > press controller > Nav > Destination > Postcode". Another option is to go "Nav > Memory" and add places to your memory - you then access these by "Nav > Destination > Memory" (note the addition of "Destination" there). 

Radio - Find the station you want, then move your controller right, go to "Presets" and then hold down the controller for about three seconds on the preset location you want. You can have six FM, six AM and six DAB in this way. 

That all sounds a little more complex than it is, although many aspects of the radio have confused me too!

Thanks to Ian, above.  Have now got the radio stations I wanted set into DAB radio  - I only ever listen to four so no need for the FM and AM options.

Will have another go at the Satnav this afternoon an will try Rayaans suggestion.

Rob

On the topic of  the phone,  my last brain cell is dying of loneliness so I might be making this up,  but I don't think so.

If I remember correctly,  once you have connected a phone,  you download you phone book to the car.  Then you set up the voice commands.  Something like "Add a voice dial"  then you select the entry in the list of numbers,  press the button and it will say something like "Please say a name for this person".  There is a beep and your voice is played back to you and you select save.

As I said,  "if I remember correctly".

My phone is an apple Iphone but I think others would be similar if not the same.

To use voice dialing,  press the voice control button on the steering wheel.  (sorry if that is obvious)

Good luck

Thanks, Tim.      Why on earth is all this so damn complex?  This car is not aimed at 20 something computer whizzos after all.  It's more of a 'Radio 4' car than a 'Radio 1' car......

Rant over

Rob

• Like 1

On 15/02/2016 at 9:14 PM, Ian J. Parsley said:

No expert, but I'll start the answers to some of those assuming you have Lexus Audio Display and Navigation. I've a 2013 IS but that has Premium Nav; and a 2016 CT Advance. I don't really know if the facelift has made much difference or how the specs match up.

Phone - I'm really not sure. I use Siri. There is a favourites option if your numbers are connected - you simply bring up the number and fill the star sign (at least, I can do that on my IS and I didn't notice the CT was any different). 

Satnav - There is an option to turn off voice commands via "Setup > Navigation". There is also an option to turn the volume to zero via "Setup > Voice". Make sure you have the former on and the latter at at least two bars. You should also simply be able to direct yourself via "Map > press controller > Nav > Destination > Postcode". Another option is to go "Nav > Memory" and add places to your memory - you then access these by "Nav > Destination > Memory" (note the addition of "Destination" there). 

Radio - Find the station you want, then move your controller right, go to "Presets" and then hold down the controller for about three seconds on the preset location you want. You can have six FM, six AM and six DAB in this way. 

That all sounds a little more complex than it is, although many aspects of the radio have confused me too!

Just wondering has anyone found a way to turn satnav voice commands on and off easily and safely whilst driving? One tap on my Tom Tom Via screen and it is on or off immediately. (I have a CT Luxury Nav)

Many thanks

17 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Yes, it's happening tomorrow - it'll then be as my IS, a single beep when selecting "R" and that's it. 

One other thing they can do (though I haven't bothered) is enable your key to open and close the windows. 

buy off eBay an elm327 obd2 adapter and download carista and pay for the upgrade you can then use the LPS setting to enable / disable the window setting,revese beep and lots more personally i wouldn't have it turned on as you will find your windows are down because you have pressed the unlock button in your pocket without knowing

been there and wore the T shirt luckily it was a sunny day.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links