Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning all,

Today as it was -3 when I got into the car I thought I would turn on the heated seats. Bear in mind I did check them when I bought the car as took them as working. My question here is that in the 20 mins it took me to get to work even though they were on full (Number 3) they never felt like they got hot and hardly warm. Can anyone tell me if the 450h heated seats on full is a ferociously warm seat or is it still just a subtle heat?

Just wondering if they are broken. Both lights come on with the switch but just cant tell whether they are working properly or not. Have lexus warranty but doubt these would be covered and know how expensive heated seat repair can be.

Thanks

When my seats are working (about 5-10 minutes per trip if I'm lucky) they are more than hot enough, so if the element performance is the same in a GS as it is in an LS it's fair to assume something isn't quite right.

Sounds like your problem is more element related than my control related issue, and from what I'm learning from the significantly more experienced members than myself on here, there is no quick or cheap fix.

A lot of US and Canadian owners complain about the seats not getting very hot but i think its more to do with the fact that its probably a serious minus degrees there and they are wearing big overcoats and can't feel the heated seats, i found the GS seats got nice and hot, unlike the RC-F that are useless, so unless you are wearing lots of thick clothes while driving i would say you have a element problem.