Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashcams

1080p is full hd, the 0806 has this spec

I use 2560 x 1080 @ 30fps, which is very good quality. 

cinema mode 2560*1080px (21:9) 30fps
normal mode 2304*1296px (16:9) 30fps
sport mode 1920*1080px (16:9) 45fps
HDR mode 1920*1080px (16:9) 30fps
sport mode 1280*720px (16:9) 60fps
economical mode 1280*720px (16:9) 30fps
H.264 code MOV format
seamless loop recording
mute recording
GPS data stamping,  time stamping, driver number stamping
motion detection
parking guard
LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System)
FCWS (Forward Collision Warning System)

• 4 months later...

Due to aged parent in Yorkshire, I am commuting up and down M1 every week or so from Oxford Having been nearly wiped out by idiots a couple of times I wish to fit a dash cam. Can anyone tell me how to hardwire it to the rain sensor wiring so I don't have wires around the trim.

On the subject of agism. I am a 73 year old ex military test pilot, I still fly and have a medical every 6 months. The MO (medical Officer) does a reaction test every time due to "perceived" age related reaction time slow down. He has yet to see any in my case. The current reaction times are still simlar to when I was full time test flying so lets drop this agism. People are living longer and healthier lives with  very little signs of slowing down until in their 80's. SO lets keep agism off this forum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raytheham said:

Due to aged parent in Yorkshire, I am commuting up and down M1 every week or so from Oxford Having been nearly wiped out by idiots a couple of times I wish to fit a dash cam. Can anyone tell me how to hardwire it to the rain sensor wiring so I don't have wires around the trim.

On the subject of agism. I am a 73 year old ex military test pilot, I still fly and have a medical every 6 months. The MO (medical Officer) does a reaction test every time due to "perceived" age related reaction time slow down. He has yet to see any in my case. The current reaction times are still simlar to when I was full time test flying so lets drop this agism. People are living longer and healthier lives with  very little signs of slowing down until in their 80's. SO lets keep agism off this forum.

I didn't use the rain sensor for mine, I just tucked the cables in behind the edge of the head cloth and down the L/H roof pillar to reach the fuse box in the PAX footwell. There was enough room for two cables, power and feed from the rear camera. The only place the cables were visible was an inch or two where they crossed from the pillar to the trim below the glovebox.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raytheham said:

20151031_132052.jpg

20151031_133557.jpg

My dash cam on my old is250 was wired into the rear view mirror, not very difficult to do and pretty much out of sight, out of mind.