Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS430 or GS45H dilema ?

mixls400

Hi, I've owned my 2005 GS430 for almost a year now and love it. Its my "weekend" car as I work in a steel works so drive a little Ford Puma to keep my Lexus away from all the muck and fallout from work. I recently took it in for its 100 000 mile service and was given a nice IS300H as a courtesy car. I found it strange at first that the engine doesn't start when you press the start button like my GS does, but quickly got used to it and by the end I didn't want to give the car back. These cars are way out of my price range but when I started trawling the net I found I could get a GS450H which looks the same as mine bar the wheels. My question is this, do I keep my V8 petrol GS or change to the V6 hybrid ? There isn't many V8 models for sale so does that make them more collectable ? The hybrid models certainly look better on paper with better mpg figures and cheaper tax but I'm reading about issues with engine valve springs and Battery / transmission problems. I'm at a loss as I know my car is problem free so don't want to buy a hybrid and run into big bills - but I'm still tempted to buy one though ???? Help.

I had a GS450h my 2008, great car, probably better than 430 just for its hybrid features, but in you case I suggest to keep your V8, basically because  changing it to get same chassis 450h could result expensive compared to advantages of hybrid; another matter if you plan to go to a newer hybrid model ( I love hybrid driving).

• 3 weeks later...
On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 2:25 PM, mixls400 said:

Hi, I've owned my 2005 GS430 for almost a year now and love it. Its my "weekend" car as I work in a steel works so drive a little Ford Puma to keep my Lexus away from all the muck and fallout from work. I recently took it in for its 100 000 mile service and was given a nice IS300H as a courtesy car. I found it strange at first that the engine doesn't start when you press the start button like my GS does, but quickly got used to it and by the end I didn't want to give the car back. These cars are way out of my price range but when I started trawling the net I found I could get a GS450H which looks the same as mine bar the wheels. My question is this, do I keep my V8 petrol GS or change to the V6 hybrid ? There isn't many V8 models for sale so does that make them more collectable ? The hybrid models certainly look better on paper with better mpg figures and cheaper tax but I'm reading about issues with engine valve springs and battery / transmission problems. I'm at a loss as I know my car is problem free so don't want to buy a hybrid and run into big bills - but I'm still tempted to buy one though ???? Help.

Better the Angel you know !

Regards

John