Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Playing Video on 2016 Nav

yeahchap

Hi All,

I've had my 2016 CT200h Sport just a few weeks and am so happy to make the change from a dirty diesel C Class.

As others may have realised, the manuals (especially the Nav) are pretty hopeless.  Mine has the Nav with the Rotation control, not the slidey joystick.

According to the manual, its possible to play video files on the screen off the USB, the USB does search for video files when selected but I cannot for the life of me figure out the resolution or format to make them play.  I'm pretty tech-savvy but the lack of guidance in the manual has got me foxxed on this one.

I'm wondering if any of you knowledgeable and highly intelligent bunch can figure out this feature?  Anyone up to the challenge? :)

Chris

On 25/02/2016 at 9:20 PM, yeahchap said:

ill give it try a by using Fat32 and go with an MKV, AVI, MP4 and WMV..... one of those is bound to work.

FAT32 is a must, Lexus wont play any other format. Im unsure on the format of the actual file though but yeah, give it a go and see if any of them work .

With a Bit of trial and error ,i got it working!

Needs to be Fat32 and File has to be MP4 (manual says otherwise but im not surprised!).The handbrake has to be on or you just get the sound.

Then once its playing it appears in a window so u have to select full screen.

20160227_125734_HDR.jpg

20160227_125744_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...