AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Just picked up a is300h on Saturday and trying to work out the infotainment system, not simple. Having problems with DAB but think on reading another post this is to do with a 12v charger plugged in the console that has an LED on it. Certain thats what it is thinking as was fine until I put all my stuff in and plugged the charger in.

What does the time shift do and what should it be set to?

I'm assuning it's not as easy as it goes better when you unplug it? IF not something else going on and might be worth Lexus looking at the antenna amp.

The time shift allows you to step back and listen to something again. Leave it on zero for real time. I've not played with it much but I've gone back 5 mins when I missed something on the news.

Yeah it's a really nice feature.

Basically, as mentioned above, you can rewind the stuff you've already listened to. Great for hearing songs again if someone won't stop talking. Don't do what I do, be listening to something about 30 mins behind live radio, hop out to get something, forget the car is already on.. hit the power button and turn it off, thereby losing my time shift! 1st world problems eh?

Having recently driven a **** load of other cars with supposedly premium sound systems, I was surprised to see time shift, or any similar feature, missing from all DAB - aside from my lovely Lexus ;)

And in relation to the DAB not working.. that sounds pretty weird. So what's the thinking? LED causing interference or noise and stopping DAB signal? I have had a dash cam, with LED on plug, plugged into the 12v in the centre console for about 18 months. DAB has been good as gold.

Your charger isn't earthed properly. I had a cheap eBay Chinese charger for the 12v to charge my phone in my old 250 and whenever it was plugged in I'd lose 90% of FM radio stations. 

Unplugged and bought a belkin one to be safe, all sorted.

hope this helps someone else