Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie here

Jaybrammer

Hi everyone names Jay just popped in to say hello this will be my first lexus when I get round to buying it I've always owned a toyota.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma in what to go for initially I wanted a smaller lexus like the ls 250 but then the GS models started to catch my eye in particular the 450h I'm not looking to buy new but maybe a 2008 2009 model I don't mind high milers as long as they have been looked after 

I was all up for going for the 450h but started to hear of problems with the hybrid Battery so sort of put me off a bit and left me a bit dissapointed it's all about reliability with cars for me if anyone could put my mind at rest or any advice  in regards to the Battery problems that would be great.

Another GS caught my eye was the GS 300 it seems to have all the mod cons like the 450h and reviews in general are good just a little slower and less mpg but I won't have the headache of worrying about the hybrid Battery cells 

Any advice or suggestions or tips regarding what car to go for would be great thanks 

Looking forward to your replies 

Cheers

Jay 

You can get the 450h hybrid Battery reconditioned for £800 by a company in Northampton, so I don't worry too much about it.

I recently shopped for a GS and drove / considered both, the 300 is a fine car and easily fast enough.

I my experience go newer with higher miles than older with less miles. You are on the right track with 08/09 i would say.

Buy on condition and only with a full lexus history (its not the actual history that is so important, but that the owner cared enough to keep taking it to lexus).

P.S. I had an IS250 before, its also a great car.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply I done a bit of research and did notice that someone in Northampton refurbished them only trouble is I'm in scotland still love the look of the 450h might go for a test drive in both cars and make my mind up that way.

good advice on the newer with high miles and the full Lexus history.  

Did you end up with the 450h how has it been for you 👍

Appreciate your input

Cheers 

Jay 

Hi Frank and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaybrammer said:

Did you end up with the 450h how has it been for you 👍

I only got it yesterday so there are many others with more experience but i'm loving it so far.

Its my fourth lexus and easily the best, incredible car with loads of power and really smooth. I lucked out and got one with the 2010 facelift so i can play music direct from my phone via USB or Bluetooth without faffing around fitting an adapter which is a nice bonus.

Definitely drive both a 300 and a 450h, in general I found it easier to find a quality 300.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Hi Frank and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

Cheers Mike I already had a quick look through the rules thanks for the welcome 

19 hours ago, mkbean said:

I only got it yesterday so there are many others with more experience but i'm loving it so far.

Its my fourth lexus and easily the best, incredible car with loads of power and really smooth. I lucked out and got one with the 2010 facelift so i can play music direct from my phone via USB or Bluetooth without faffing around fitting an adapter which is a nice bonus.

Definitely drive both a 300 and a 450h, in general I found it easier to find a quality 300.

Nice one the 2010 model is great and as you say there's no faffing about with adapters etc I hope you have many trouble free years of motoring mate

Again your input is appreciated 👍

Cheers

Jay