Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Received my insurance Quote today for the next 12 months  it has gone up a bit to £ 823-12 I went onto other companies and most of them are similar, do any of you know where I can get  something cheaper ?

All our cars are with LV, not sure of Lexus price as it was just a swap over from my 5series touring. My renewal is in May so I will be going through the same pain as you in a few months. I may also try a few classic car companies to see if they will insure it ...but I need 13k miles and not the standard 3-4K miles. Keep us all updated and good luck in your search.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Just check the comparison sites and brokers - its not uncommon for them to give a very low price on the same car to one person and a high price to someone else.

No point getting hung up on different companies as they all have a tendency to give out variable prices depending on location, claims etc etc.

Give Chris Knott a call, they usually try to beat the price and brokers on general can be quite competitive.

2 hours ago, SHELLDRAKE said:

Received my insurance Quote today for the next 12 months  it has gone up a bit to £ 823-12 I went onto other companies and most of them are similar, do any of you know where I can get  something cheaper ?

I have 3 points - 10 years NCB and use my car for business so up to 20K per year - £211 fro Provident.  Just Go- (you know what).  I did not pay £800 when mine was brand new - that's a heck of a premium - however I run a 430 from your signature you run something newer.  One of my pals has a multi-car policy and even with students on it saves money.

Had a quote from Lexus last night.  0800 371041

Quote was £310 for a new  RC 300h, a lot less that I thought whey would come in at..

Might be the fact I live out in the sticks!  Northeast Scotland .

Might be worth a call.

Shelldrake, hi  ............  everyone knows I had a traumatic time with SAGA a couple of years back and went with Markerstudy and saved £££££s

This year Markerstudy price went ballistic ( heaven knows why ) so out of pique I contacted SAGA and ........  blimey....  they now have my business again and I saved many £00's

I can't fathom out car insurance at all ..................................  so maybe just try SAGA

( sorry guys I have been in Delhi for a month but have been reading all posts )

Malc

Well chaps I tried different insurers, some were about the same as N.F.U.  one even quoted £1.300+ so they got the boot. I then went onto Direct Line and thy quoted £532-16 a saving of £290-96 so I went for that.   Thank you all for your help.

Norman.

On 9 March 2016 at 1:57 PM, Lexie04 said:

Had a quote from Lexus last night.  0800 371041

Quote was £310 for a new  RC 300h, a lot less that I thought whey would come in at..

Might be the fact I live out in the sticks!  Northeast Scotland .

Might be worth a call.

Where abouts in N.E 

Loyalty just doesn't pay.  Awaiting renewal shortly from one Broker mentioned here which will be around £460 but got a quote from Saga for £269 for 10k miles, Comp with Excess £350 so likely to get my business.

Was very happy with Silver knight European and UK breakdown cover for just under £100 arranged viaith Broker.  Not sure if I will find an alternative as cover has expired.  Anyone else got a company they can recommend? Europe only.

Stuart  ........  I have a simple Nationwide Flex Plus account and pay £10 a month which covers UK and Europe wide breakdown, recovery etc  ....  even for old bangers like ours !  ( with value conditions of course ) in addition to 0.5% cash back on credit card spend and worldwide Travel Cover

I remember when age of my cars precluded European cover and RAC wanted about £250 plus huge excesses

Malc

• Like 1

How's this then.

Caravan insurance renewal came by post, about £50 dearer than last year, so hit the comparison site, found a policy for £60 less, went ahead and insured with them.

Couple of days after renewal date, mobile rings and it's my previous insurer asking if I'd forgotten to renew.

When I told him I'd gone elsewhere, he got all shirty that I hadn't given them a chance to compete with the lower price.

The conversation went downhill from there, and after he'd heard my opinions on the insurance industry, we didn't part friends.

Unbelievable!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SHELLDRAKE said:

Well chaps I tried different insurers, some were about the same as N.F.U.  one even quoted £1.300+ so they got the boot. I then went onto Direct Line and thy quoted £532-16 a saving of £290-96 so I went for that.   Thank you all for your help.

Norman.

Hi,

Could I just ask did you give us a try? If you did can I ask how far away we were from your best price?

Regards,

Dan.

10 hours ago, SHELLDRAKE said:

Norman.

Hi,

Could I just ask did you give us a try? If you did can I ask how far away we were from your best price?

Regards,

Dan.

42 minutes ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

Regards,

Dan.

Your way over double what I pay. £225

On 11/03/2016 at 2:57 PM, Malc said:

Stuart  ........  I have a simple Nationwide Flex Plus account and pay £10 a month which covers UK and Europe wide breakdown, recovery etc  ....  even for old bangers like ours !  ( with value conditions of course ) in addition to 0.5% cash back on credit card spend and worldwide Travel Cover

I remember when age of my cars precluded European cover and RAC wanted about £250 plus huge excesses

Malc

I'll have to re-check that site Malc, as didn't see the European breakdown cover bit.